Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starloc Adhesives - Shop 4 Glue  (Read 1485 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Starloc Adhesives - Shop 4 Glue
« on: February 11, 2021, 12:32:57 pm »

Just a warning.

Many people will be familiar with Starloc adhesives who often appeared at shows around the UK. A whle back they relocated to Bulgaria where they set up a website to supply their products including to the UK. There is also a UK email contact.

In December I ordered £15 worth of items including postage and the order appeared to be processed OK. A few days later I got a specific unsigned email saying that there had been a slight hold up with despatch but that the package would be sent next day.

The goods never arrived and during January I sent 4 mssages to them, two by email and two via their website contact for asking for information. None of these were replied to. I had paid by PayPal and raised a query with them. They sent a message to Starloc and again did not get a reply. I escalated the case and asked for a refund and PayPal have just confirmed that this is being processed with the case closed in my favour.

I did get the impression that there may have been some sort of dispute within the family.

Draw your own conclusions.

Colin

destroyer42

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Re: Starloc Adhesives - Shop 4 Glue
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 04:28:37 pm »

Hi Colin,
I had the same problem back in September 2020, got a full refund via Paypal. Shame i use to like their products.

Regards
Destroyer42

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 04:48:49 pm »

It didn't take PayPal long to rule in my favour.

Lots of nice stuff on their website which is still up and running.Toobad really.

Colin

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 06:43:21 pm »

Looking back through previous post on this forum. There been a fair number of complains about the service this company provides. Goods arriving very late or never.

John

StarLocAdhesives/FiveStar

• Full Mayhemer
    • StarLoc FiveStar quality adhesives and glues at FMK
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 01:16:41 pm »

I am sorry for any problems with supply, but..

We were ( as stated on the sites!) closed  at the time due to Covid lockdown.....!

Lack of reply to emails was due to having covid and long covid myself back then, as well as being closed, we were not allowed to have anyone work for us at the time in the company no work from home here!.

We even had for half a year a local ban on leaving the house other than walking the dog no leaving at all between 7pm and 7am , no travel between towns without a permit, it was absurd , nothing other than food shops open most places

At the time , completely closed...early 2020 to mid/late 2021 due to covid ( see  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Bulgaria  )  , with a message on the shop, on the main page and in the shopping cart saying.... ( [size=78%]till late 2021 )  `At this time we can not ship, we are closed due to corona virus lockdown we will hold any orders placed until we can ship if you require a refund request through paypal`[/size]
on top of the screen

Also at the time another message `Due to Brexit we can not ship at this time to the UK, orders will be held until shipping is available ,you can ask for a refund at any time`

No shipping / post was available between Bulgaria and the UK ( and other countries ) ,for nearly 2 years due Corona shipping was available one day and not the next if shipped it came back as not being accepted her and there so not useable.

We were not/are not classed as an essential service so nobody could work due to lockdowns

So message on shop and closed! for some time! ( any no UK shows either as no travel from here )

When people asked for a refund on paypal , I clicked refund on paypal, nothing was refunded by a paypal decision I refunded anything requested !

late last year as I was about to open orders on that shop I closed all orders ( so none can be made ),September 2021 , message changed to ` we are closed at this time due to a death in the family` , however We still have the factory and the shops open here for shipping to Bulgaria ,but direct from me no mail order at present outside Bulgaria at this time it may change very soon.

Mail order on these shops ( to the UK ) may open soon, if I find away to ship to the UK that is worth using it will include the UK.

Comments on disputes in the family.....no idea what would give you that idea..... but no idea how a dispute would impact on this in any way!

For your information regarding the strange comment about `disputes` as most people know....

The only dispute with family i had/have was that I hadnt spoken to my dad for 30 years ( who has thankfully now died! however much chaos in paperwork it causes for my mother ).....if you wish for details..... the old git... tried to stop me getting into university using his mates to help...30 odd years ago....I hold a grudge a long time!, as my having degree made him feel inferior, how this 30 odd year dispute would impact a closure due to covid I am unsure....
Formulators and manufacturers of quality adhesives and surface coatings for industrial , DIY & modelling sectors since 1988
See us online   www.shop-4-glue.com
on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/gianthairyhedgehog/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2022, 01:25:38 pm »

We have meet at many shows, in fact my fingers are still stuck to a model boat part thanks to your cyno ( O0 )

I think we all thank you for clearing up a few issues,  :-))
Steamed up all the time
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.