Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it time to get sailing again in the UK?  (Read 1274 times)

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel
Is it time to get sailing again in the UK?
« on: February 22, 2021, 10:19:07 pm »

So Boris has told us that from 29th March, most outdoor activities can resume. So I guess that model boats sailing would be considered ok by then?

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Is it time to get sailing again in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 10:25:57 pm »

Why wait till then if people can walk around a pond  whats the difference unless of course one needs to be in a group like some club members

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 10:29:55 pm »

Hi Charlie sorry to shot you down he said two households of up to six people could meet and this subject to the infection rate still falling. We are a long way from having large gatherings at the moment. Clubs that operate in council  parks may have to liaise with the council and provide M/S to show how they propose to operate safely and meet any future tier  rules before the final restrictions are hopefully lifted in June. All the proposals are planned on the vaccine and the infection rates falling. We are all itching to get back but it must be done in a safe manner.The outdoor activities mentioned were golf and tennis to name two

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 12:32:59 am »

Hi Charlie having read the statement by the PM to the house today it mentioned the changes that may apply from the 29 of March. Once again it needs going over to clarify the situation. The 17 of May if all goes well will allow gatherings outdoors of up to 30 lets hope this happens. In the mean time lets get our models checked batteries charged and hopefully get ready to enjoy our hobby once again.I personally are looking forward to seeing the models that have made during lockdown.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 08:33:02 am »

I thought that fishing was/is allowed. Is there a difference between holding a transmitter and occasionally picking up a fishing rod both standing/sitting by the water?

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 11:20:02 am »

I thought that fishing was/is allowed. Is there a difference between holding a transmitter and occasionally picking up a fishing rod both standing/sitting by the water?

Fishing is a me, myself and I kind of thing in a river or lake.

Model boating could be the same but in most cases it is in a public park and it’s something that
Can encourage people to stop and gather and watch, hence why councils will have it closed.
You could do everything correct but it doesn’t allow for the unknown.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 12:06:31 pm »

Aye but public park lakes are usually accessible all the way round so no need to operate from a static point I am taking exercise at the same time.Not sitting  reading or dozing waiting for the wee bell to tinkle when they caught something and our parks not shut  :}

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 12:37:55 pm »

HI jaymac  yes parks are open are you thinking going on your own or with a group ?  Our council last year asked for risk assessments and method statements to show how we would operate and maintain social distance rules.  We are jumping the gun again all the measures announced yesterday are subject to the data allowing the steps to proceed. If all goes well the after the 17 May gatherings of 30 will be allowed we are all wanting to get back  but sailing in parks for some time may need a call to you local council office to make sure you are following any advice they have.

Stan

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 01:11:05 pm »

You can read the full 'Road Map' document here:

I think there will be a lot of queries on the small print over the coming days.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/963491/COVID-19_Response_-_Spring_2021.pdf

Colin

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 02:05:25 pm »

Glad to see some ones thinking right thank you Stan for putting people right  as you say lets NOT  jump the gun or we could waste all the hard work we have all been though lets just wait another few weeks or we could have another lockdown if we had waited a little longer with the first lock down we might not of had another two.
                             Regards Howard.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 03:29:47 pm »

Hi Stan by myself never a been club person albeit  in normal times there is usually several all Non members.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 04:08:13 pm »

HI Jaymac thank you for the explanation. At club level trying to organise 6 members to sail could be very difficult. The big date we are hoping for is the 17 May but this again will pose problems with social distance rules but this can be overcome with careful planning . We are all itching to get back but once again all these dates are not set in stone we can only hope that things improve even more to the final goal of June when we can enjoy life once again.

Stan.

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 10:13:32 am »

Received from our club today:

The Prime minister announced yesterday that, assuming everything goes well, From March 8th:

The Stay at Home requirement will remain, but people can leave home for recreation outdoors such as a coffee or picnic with their household or support bubble, or with one person outside their household.

Implying that from that date, individually or with one other person outside the household, we can participate in the ‘outdoor recreation’ of sailing our model boats.

From the 29th of March (at the earliest) a few more of us could also sail together:

As part of step one, there will be further limited changes from 29 March, the week in which most schools will break up for Easter. Outdoor gatherings of either 6 people or 2 households will be allowed, providing greater flexibility for families to see each other. This includes in private gardens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.