Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello all from a new member  (Read 675 times)

pauljarvis

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello all from a new member
« on: February 25, 2021, 05:32:33 pm »

Just like to say hi to all, as I'm a new member of the forum.  I'm a 71 year old male, happily retired since 2003, and living in South Wales.  My main hobby since retiring has been making stained glass pictures, mostly my interpretation of pre-Raphaelite paintings, with John William Waterhouse my main inspiration.  I worked in the oil and gas industry, often offshore on pipelay and topsides installation projects, since graduating with a degree in marine engineering.  However, before that I served an apprenticeship and cadetship with Union Castle line and spent a couple of years at sea as a cadet and junior engineer, which is why I have a love of the sea and ships. My first ship was the MV Clan Menzies and I would love to build a model of it but have so far not been able to find any plans.  I got into model building a couple of years ago after buying two model boats in a charity shop, and this inspired me to try my hand, starting with a couple of kits - the Billings's Norden and the Marina II.  Since then I have built two scratch-build using the lift method - the Consul-Pust and Nietlogger, whose plans were easily available, and lent themselves to a 1:100 scale build.  I would really like to build some more sub-50m trawlers - preferably steam or early diesel - so if anyone has plans of a suitable candidate for my next build I would be very grateful (sell, lend or copy, whatever!). Please get in touch by email if you can help prjarvis49@gmail.com.  Cheers for now.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello all from a new member
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 06:34:11 pm »

HI Paul was the Clan ship the same has Clan Ross? Is so Mountfleet models do the hull and plan. The original model was done by Arco based in Bury  Lancashire sadly they have gone.

Stan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.