The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Bait Boats

AT Procat bait boat problems and advice

<< < (2/13) > >>

taffybouy:
Even though it now worked things were back to front. forward on the stick went backwards and left went right etc.. The reverse function on the handset did nothing to alter things.

There is probably an additional step in the instructions, like rebinding or resetting.

There is definitely a step that I found yesterday whilst looking at the manual I finally found on the web. I have an Absima sr2s 2 ch HH with a R3FS receiver. It states there's a method of checking then correcting this.
Thanks for confirming this as I was wondering if it was worth a try.

3: VCC CH1 connects and works powering the motors and uses a 2 pin connection on one stick. VCC CH 2 only has 1 pin and doesn't seem to cut the motor when turned to the right whereas it does cut the motor when turned to the left. This confuses me to bogglement. There is space for a pin to be soldered onto the controller board which is what I'm tempted to do. Would you suggest this would resolve my issue or is not soldered there already because of a reason?

CH2 only needs a signal and nothing else.You already have a 0volt reference in CH1. Your Fluke meter continuity will show that.Adding a redundant wire creates a parallel path, which you don't want.

This is what I wanted to understand before messing with anything else. Even though it doesn't work properly I was unwilling to do anything else to the original parts without a little more understanding. Thanks very much.

I'll get a more detailed diagram of the controller board over later today. I know the board has 2 relays on it and they seem to be engaging but I haven't traced the paths using a fluke yet.

I'll leave the  points for replacing with off the shelf parts for now but I'd still like to revisit that just in case things go wrong in the future. Whilst I'm gaining understanding now I can detail the possibility and parts required and the method of creating the necessary components.
You've been really helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to sift through points for me.

HMS Invisible:
There should be three wires from CH 1 if only a signal wire from CH 2.
Two feed the low voltage power to 2.4GHz receiver and a third (as in CH 2) is pwm pulses from receiver to the procat board.That's the way they they were originally connected.

It may not require a full circuit schematic to pinpoint a fault or misalignment.
The descriptive function of the relay and the mosfet transistors (metal tab & 3 pins) would suffice.

Are the motors supposed to be disabled or change direction as the relays click?
Perhaps youtube is where I saw procat boards so I'll have another look.

taffybouy:
I am unsure of whether the boat should cut the motor or spin in a different direction as I never really paid attention to it whilst it worked, only when it stopped working. When the new handset was in place I've had these issues so I have no real baseline to work from.

As for the CH1 connections, there are only 2 pins on the board whereas CH2 only has 1.
Again, I have no idea if it was like this prior to the handset replacement but it doesn't look like the extra pins were used to me, far too clean.

HMS Invisible:

--- Quote from: taffybouy on February 25, 2021, 09:11:53 am ---...
As for the CH1 connections, there are only 2 pins on the board whereas CH2 only has 1.
Again, I have no idea if it was like this prior to the handset replacement but it doesn't look like the extra pins were used to me, far too clean.

--- End quote ---
I think it unlikely there is an omission if it was converted by the model shop. However your diagram seems to point to a missing CH 1.
If the procat controller reacts to CH1 on the transmitter then there must be a feed.Do you understand a need for two sbec power connections to the 2.4 GHz receiver plus digital pulses for every receiver channel used?

All the fault tracing you need can be done with the various Fluke meter functions.
Here it would be looking for supply voltage (five volts?) and CH1 & 2 changing between 0.1 to 0.2 volt as you move sticks on the 2.4GHz transmitter (or handset)
If the relay cases are of clear plastic you can eyeball the contacts, otherwise you have to trace faults with a meter.

taffybouy:
Do you understand a need for two sbec power connections to the 2.4 GHz receiver plus digital pulses for every receiver channel used?

No sorry, I don't understand the need.

All the fault tracing you need can be done with the various Fluke meter functions.Here it would be looking for supply voltage (five volts?) and CH1 & 2 changing between 0.1 to 0.2 volt as you move sticks on the 2.4GHz transmitter (or handset)If the relay cases are of clear plastic you can eyeball the contacts, otherwise you have to trace faults with a meter.

I've tried this and can't see anything wrong. The relays are G2RL-2

Both relays work fine when the control sticks are used seperately. Use the control sticks together and thats where it seems to play up. This tells me there is something else at play here.
I also noticed the Normal/Reverse only works on one control stick, the one for steering rather than thrust.

I'll get some pictures uploaded of the board in a moment

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version