The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Bait Boats

AT Procat bait boat problems and advice

<< < (13/13)

radiojoe:
If you can't mount the servo in line mount the servo at 90 degrees to the bait door catch and add a bell crank
Just a sugestion  ok2

Joe.

taffybouy:
Right folks, I managed to sort the bait door dropper by mounting at 90 degrees and using a spring loaded pully system. Works nicely.

Next thing I want is a power light. I wanted the red and green LED lights to be the only ones for power then control the front and rear ones if required for night time use.
What's the best way to get power to them?
Would it be from the power via the power switch or is there a better way?

taffybouy:
So I sealed the boat and went for a test run. It didn't sink which is the best news. Lights and hopper (door release) worked fine at all distances.

Steering was squiffy. Throttle and steering wrong way round. Quick trip back home to swap them round before another test.

The issue I have now is that it doesn't reverse. Due to dual motors they turn in opposing directions so forwards turns the props inwards towards the center of the boat and reverse turns them outwards towards the outside of the boat. Both of these actions causes the boat to go forwards. From what I've read this is expected. Inwards would give better speed where-as outwards gives better steering apparently.

Any ideas what I can do to correct this?
Is there a combination of setting max/min speed or direction to compensate?
I feel there should be an acceptable reverse action to allow me to go backwards but I can't suss it out.

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed because I'm coming up blank with my reading and don't want to start messing with the throttle response without knowing if it will work or not.

Any testing or advice would be greatly appreciated folks 🤷‍♂️

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version