Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Mayhem at Wicksteed !

Is Mayhem at Wicksteed 2021 still on?

<< < (2/6) > >>

ballastanksian:
I'd go for later to reduce the chances of issues with restrictions and increase the chances that everyone will have had their first jab, and many will be on course to have had their second thus making everyone that bit safer even within legal guidelines.

Its not like we have lots of engagements we have to alter as we are still playing it by ear across the board.

It would be great to see some model boating friends again and recharge the enthusiasm batteries.

Thanks to Nick for doing this while still working on our 'Hercs[size=78%]'.[/size]

SteamboatPhil:
Well done Nick  :-))

Steve Dean:
Hi Nick,Hope your discussions with Wicksteed are productive. I'm involved in activities with a number of shows & events (other hobbies) with a load of dates under discussion from July onwards. It seems sensible to be looking at dates that fall between July and mid September (before we get into autumn).I'm sure that supporters of Mayhem at Wicksteed would understand if you shoot for a date later in the year than normal.I wish you every success in your negotiations.All the best.Steve Dean.

SteamboatPhil:
Good thinking Steve

raflaunches:
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the support and recommendations. Just finished speaking to the park liaison officer and we have several options for dates-
Due to several restrictions which we have to assume will still be in force until the government confirms either way the park will re-open grandly on May 28 but it’s currently restricted to how many people they can have in the park.
The obvious thing will be to have the event after June 21st so we have less restrictions under the current advice. The park have recommended any weekend in July and the first two weeks in August. The August bank holiday is fully booked for massive events that’ll hopefully make the park money such as comedy night and 80s groups singing live. September is also currently fully booked by other events that’ll take capacity over.
We will know more information after March 29 when further government advice is due to be given on the subject.
The campsite will be open after June 21st provided nothing changes.
So let me know which weekend is preferable and I’ll send them off to the park to see if they are okay with the date.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version