Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Servus!  (Read 1956 times)

Carlsson

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Servus!
« on: March 30, 2021, 08:51:00 am »

Hi Everyone!
Greetings from Austria!
I am a builder of static model kits, no R/C.Started to build models at an age of 10 years and built for a while, but when in my 20s, I realized that I wasnīt able to build models in a qualitiy, like I saw them in catalouges or in showcases or on fairs/trade shows.Since I didnīt find a way to improve further and basically learn how to use an airbrush for the paint job, i paused modelling for I while.
A few years ago I had the luck to meet some people who knew how to use an airbrush AND who where willing to share their knowledge.So I started again, after approximately 20 years of inactivity.
I am interested in nearly everything around WWII, but mostly in planes and I learned how to age a model on the example of a russian tank.
But now itīs time for some ships!And even if she is not related to WWII, I would like to start with HMS Dreadnought (1/350 from Trumpeter).I am searching for some references and thatīs why I came here.I will start another thread to raise my detailed question.
I am looking forward to get some hints from the community  :-)
Many Thanks!Andreas
P.S.: There are already too much Andys discussing in this forum, so I used one of my nicks as profilename  ;)

Geoff

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Servus!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 10:17:59 am »

Welcome to the board and we all hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. For Dreadnought there is a book "Anatomy of the Ship, Dreadnought" and/or a Kagero 3D booklet on Dreadnought, if still available.

Cheers

Geoff

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 10:31:26 am »

Welcome Andreas you will find a lot of knowledge on Mayhem should you need help, Trumpeter make fine models worthy of display, I tend to build RC models that in reality rarely see water so they could just as well be static display, I see you are from Austria a beautiful part of the world and a country I always wanted to visit but at 76 I don't suppose I will now, Let us know what you are building and don't forget we love photos  :-))

Joe.

Carlsson

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 02:50:31 pm »

Thank you for the welcome!

@Geoff: I do have both books you mentioned, but there are still questions left. But I started another thread in the battleship section, as you already have seen  :-))

@Joe: Austria is still worth a visit, also with 76 ... unfortunately COVID does make it nearly impossible to travel and to enjoy other countries at the moment  <:(
I had the luck to see London and parts of Somerset already. It always were business trips, but I had the chance to see a bit of the area beside work.
Most important, I also had a day off, which I spent in Portsmouth and visited the Victory! Which made my tripple complete: the Vasa in Stockholm, the Constitution in Boston and finally the Victory!
... I always save the best for last ...  {-)

I already tried to add some photos of my latest work, but I was not successfull  :((
Iīll give it another try with another browser right now, maybe Edge works better than Firefox ...

Andreas

Terry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 09:51:57 am »

Hi Andreas, welcome.
 I am an Englishman living in Ebenfurth, half way between Wiener Neustadt and Eisenstadt, where are you situated?

Cheers, Terry

Carlsson

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 10:01:34 am »

I still have to get used to the way this website works, but I have uploaded a few pictures to the image section.
Now I cannot work out how to link them directly, but here is the album:
Carlsson (carlsson) - ModelBoatMayhem-Images

It just shows one picture of:
 .) the last plane I built: a BF109-G10 from Revel in 1/72 (out-of-the-box)
 .) the tank, from which I learned how to weather a model: an IS-2 from Tamiya in 1/35 with photo-etched parts and metal cannon from Aber
 .) the only "ship" I am working at, for the moment: the "Tantive IV" from Star Wars IV from Bandai

Andreas

Carlsson

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 10:03:35 am »

Hi Terry,

I live more or less on the other side of Vienna, in Langenlebarn near Tulln, some 30 minutes by car to the northwest of Vienna along the Danube.

Cheers, Andreas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.