Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P257 Heli Deck  (Read 789 times)

MartinC

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
P257 Heli Deck
« on: March 31, 2021, 06:05:47 pm »

Hi all,

I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to RN vessels as well as civilian types.  I am in the research phase of commencing an attempt at a 1:48 HMS Clyde. 

I have viewed many of the builds and you all seem so talented and it is those that have spurred me on to having a go at this.

Can any one tell me if there are landing lights on the helicopter landing deck/area, if so, how do they work, and are they coloured at all?  I note there is a strange vertical bar that seems to be a continuation of the centre line on the helii deck, but have no clue what it is about.

I apologise for my naivety, I think I have a lot to learn on this subject overall.

Martin

T888

• Full Mayhemer
Re: P257 Heli Deck
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 07:31:56 pm »

Hi Martin,

I’ve built a 1/48 HMS Clyde ( which the results was published in Model Boat Feb 2014).
Yes Clydes flight deck has lights.

Her current landing system was changed in Feb 2015. These lights are green in colour and had to be change due to CAA regs that required landing deck not to have any fitting above a set high. The as fitted during her build were to high, also they changed the heli deck net construction/design.

If you PM me I may be able to help with photos.
Regards David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.