Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kort Nozzle setup/eldergarth  (Read 1753 times)

1275mini

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Kort Nozzle setup/eldergarth
« on: March 13, 2021, 09:42:25 am »

Not to sure how far the prop shaft is placed in the 70mm nozzle I am useing 67mm props I am thinking if prop tube is in nozzle to deep the prop will touch when rudder is applied
This is the first time I have installed kort nozzles so I need some help setting up 🤔

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Kort Nozzle setup/eldergarth
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 09:53:46 pm »

I use a plastic disc the same diameter of the prop to check clearances.
Don't Assume Check

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Kort Nozzle setup/eldergarth
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 11:36:07 am »

Not to sure how far the prop shaft is placed in the 70mm nozzle I am useing 67mm props I am thinking if prop tube is in nozzle to deep the prop will touch when rudder is applied
This is the first time I have installed kort nozzles so I need some help setting up 🤔

1275mini

To try and answer your question

How critical this is will depend on how much clearance there is between the prop & the nozzle + the shape of both of them. I am assuming that this is a steerable Kort. It is a lot less critical with a fixed Kort.

I set mine up with the centre line of the prop blades in line with the Kort "rudder post". A simple rig can be made to test this with full Kort movement and with your particular components before you either drill holes or fix things into your model.

A card circle on the propshaft that is a nice snug fit to the inner diameter of the nozzle can be a big help for final set up.

There is a potential problem in that when you drop the nozzle it might jam on the propshaft before it clears the rudder tube preventing removal for servicing. Mobile Marine Models sell a prop shaft especially to get over this problem although I have never needed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.