Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My favorite RC boating scenes at our local lake  (Read 18777 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My favorite RC boating scenes at our local lake
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2021, 12:55:06 pm »

This is certainly a miniaturized version of an industrial clutch? or coupling?...... :-))

Would be very pleased if you could confirm manufacturer type etc

regards

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2021, 03:41:24 pm »

Hi derekwarner;
Thank you for your question about  the disc coupling I have used for my Jupiter F-99.
I bought the coupling from misumi Japan and you may get it at the following ;
www.misumi-ec.com/my/common/EC001LoginCmd.do MCGL

The type I have used ;Disc coupling MCGL which specifications are shown in the attached drawings.
This coupling is so calm as in the video and able to tolerate over 24000 RPM by the specs. The price was 1980 yen7 years ago.
1;Drawings of the coupling
2;The same type of coupling used in my Najade
3:Bench test of RPM with this coupling reaching 24100RPM for some ten seconds..calm but I was afraid of the number of 24100 RPM..and stopped the test at this level.. The motor for the Jupiter F-99 is 2200KV,1200W

I hope the above answers your question.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2021, 05:43:17 am »

Hi all;
Next boat to go out for sailing is this Najade who has been checked the other day first in 2 years due to some reasons... {:-{ :(( Some corrosions were found at the nipples of ESC due to my laziness for her. Moreover I did not imagine at all that such
corrosions might have arisen at these points....Have you been checking regularly such corrosions about suspicious parts of the boats ?? I have thought at that time I must be more careful about this corrosion problems,especially water circulating parts of the boats.Unless this kind of care is done properly,the boats may have been stopped by the overheat of the motors,
off far from the shore in the worst case....!!! <:( <:( {:-{ :(( O0 Intensive check and check are the very important before and after the boating to refrain from losing on/in the water, aren't they..?? O0 %)
1;Started the checking work..some cosmetic work was also required to keep her elegant and young,beautiful... ;) %)
2;Corrosions were found here !! Intensively cleaned up to pass the water smoothly!!
3;Arond the motor is OK!  3660-2050KV 1800W brushless motor rotated powerfully with its peculiar metallic sound, together with a 160 A water-cooled ESC.
4;"I wonder how long it takes to finish the checking...??" >:-o >>:-(
5;"It's over,honey! and I'll try the test" {-) %%
6;Water passing test by hand pump.
7;Done cleanly and smoothly ! O0
8/9;The time to go boating is near if it will be fine weather..but its been rainy,cloudy and colder in these days here. {:-{ :((

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2021, 10:44:15 am »

Hi all;

I have bought an anemometer very recently and put a homemade wind direction gauge which is detachable for easy handling.
The purpose is ,of course,to enjoy a happy model boating with less trouble about the weather by checking it numerically.
Need less to say,even without this kind of equipment,weather conditions for boating could be judged by the experience and seeing the water directly.However with this equipment,I could grasp precisely the conditions and memorise concretely how strong the wind blows,which directions the wind comes as well as water conditions like it's so wavy or mirror like surface,etc...
By using this anemometer every time going to boating,something like a certain data will be input in my poor memory in brain. O0 {-) %%  Moreover it seems interesting to know the weather when boating for me.!! O0 I like this kind of auxiliary equipment for outdoor activities. ;)
1;The anemometer I bought.I like this type with 4 cups
2;Compass
3;4 cups
4;Wind direction gauge I made %% which is detachable easily for carrying.
5;Installed on top of the anemometer.
6;Breif test by an electric fan.
7;I will set it like this outdoors when boating.
 An additional enjoyment with this equipment seems to be added when boating.!! {-) %%

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2021, 02:31:27 am »

Hi all;
It's really my pleasure to show you many interesting,comparatively unusual shots of my Jupiter F-99 taken yesterday at our local lake.
It was fine weather except wind speed but it is not rare in this cold season around this lake.
We have at times been forced to enjoy the RC model boating under this level of windy days,especially in the winter. {:-{ >:-o <:(
Wind speed was around 4.5m/s(16.2km/h on surface,Beaufort scale 3)
Here are the pics of my Jupiter F-99 sailing and pitching frequently on the rough waves dynamically. {-) %% O0
1;Max wind speed was 8m/s(Beaufort 5)
2;Carefully checking the boat unlike normal day sailing.!
3;Sometimes like a skipjack!
4;Splash!
5;Dynamic !
6;Like a hydrofoil!
7;Into the water !
8;Fully high jump !! A first class skipper !!?? {-) %% O0
9;Cooling water was securely drained sufficiently.!

See more details in the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySetKqOn4BA

RST

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2021, 02:49:34 am »

Hi Backerther...

No 1:  On this I admire you.  I have an air flow meter on nature of my last work but it is not an anemometer -very few of us in the west might take anything so sphisticated out on a model boat run
No 6:  Like a "hydrofoil"???  maybe you mean hydroplane but I can't see it either way myself

I was looking as I have some parts coming from Japan (it is always a complete pleasure to order from Japanese suppliers unlike China).  You seem to have some great waters to sail in also.

Richard

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2021, 03:10:06 am »

After the sailing on the fierce waves...
1;No water ingress fundamentally at all except some water drops..
2; "How about the adventure sailing today,Miss,No seasickness ?"
     "Oh,Not at all sir,I made the best efforts to sail safely" {-) %% :-))
3;With a good partner, a camera woman ??
4;Cleaned the inside of cooling water tube up using a fresh water for the next sailing.
   The water came down through the rudder outlet neatly.

I am eager to sail Najade or HMS Fencer if the weather is fine for them....I wonder when to come for them?? {:-{ {:-{ :-)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2021, 12:54:03 pm »

Hi RST;

Thank you for your kind comment and teaching on my postings which I fully understand.
The sailing lake in the pics is for water supply reservoir and flood control purpose for Tokyoites.

Wind speed measured on this bridge was around 9m/s,Beaufort scale 5 which was fresh breeze.
Right side of the lake is our sailing spot. Width of the lake is roughly 270m.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2021, 02:20:40 am »

Hi all;

Today I'd like to post typical 3 scenes of my Jupiter F99 sailing on my usual lake.
1;Very calm...I could enjoy a happy sailing at full throttle and the wind speed 1 or 2m/s,but this is rare throughout a year.
2; Middle level...Normally this level is seen and suitable,my favorite conditions for boating. %% O0 :-)) Each wave is comparatively small.
3;Rough and fierce level in the winter like last sailing...The pic was taken 4 years ago and I guess the wind speed was around 9m/s average on surface.I felt something fearful when operating the boat. O0 Compare the 1m boat with the sizes of triangled waves. Frequantly summits of the triangled waves became white,that means toooo windy,as you may know.
4; The last sailing of my Jupiter F-99 drenched fully.
I normally decide whether or not to go boating depending upon the previous night weather forecast,however the actual weather is capricious on the spot,as you may know... {:-{ :(( O0
So I couldn't help boating sometime on the rough water if I was confident to go judging from the wave conditions.
Needless to say,I do prefer a calm water,but I could not expect that in many cases, especially autumn and winter around here... <:( <:( {:-{ :(( >:-o

V type hull seems good and indispensable for boating for this lake.!! O0 O0 O0 %) ok2
PS;How about the pic;No4 for "Photo of the month",if you don't find more adequate one,Martin? {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2021, 07:01:27 am »

Hi all;

Pics for today on the model boating at our local lake are as follows;
The boat has been named by me "Poseidon"apart from the kit manufacturer's name.
It was fine day with the air temperature of 14 degrees C and 2m/s wind from the south which direction was bad for boating
when the boat should suddenly stop off the shore as she might drift to the north for more than 2km away !!!! <:( <:( {:-{
Here are the pics of the boating site this day.
1/2;good conditions !
3/4;Onboard scenes....a kind of harem..?? {-) %% {-) {-) {-) :-))
5;Moval air intake hatch for cooling inside.
6;Air ejection door
7/8;Though this boat is fundamentally water-cooled.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2021, 01:32:45 am »

Hi all;

Pics for today are the very boating scenes of my Poseidon on the water as usual including the video of that. {-) O0 :-))
I think no special captions are required on the images below....as some are shown in the video already.. O0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AxAdoeIyp8&t=12s

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2021, 10:02:25 am »

Very nice scenes there, she dose perform realistically with just the right scale speed, I love your sense of humor with the various figures.   :-))

Joe.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2021, 12:32:41 pm »

Hi Joe;

So nice of you  to say so.!! %%
The next will be in coming Jan when too cold possibly by the north wind blowing on the cold surface of the lake... {:-{ :(( {-)

Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2021, 11:56:50 am »

Hi all;

Today I would like to report the test run of my Poseidon equipped with a new 150A ESC, as previous 120A got out of order
at last after 7 years service... <:( The boat is equipped with a 2050KV brushless motor driven by normally 30 C or more with 5000mAh lipo run by 6 times a day on average. So I have thought 150A ESC must be much better for her to keep a stable sailing regardless of seasons. O0 {-)
The test run was so reliable and stable enough to fulfil my expectations though I operated the throttle only to half this day.
But speed was as seen in the video below, that satisfied me very much as the first run.!
In due course,not so far,I will intend to run her at full throttle for my curiosity. O0 {-) %%
1;Actually no wind on the water which is sooo rare especially in this season. mirror-like surface!!
2/3/4/5/6;Cooling water drained sooo smoothly from both sides of the hull.
7;The wake in the background is,of course,a waterfowl.This day I could observe close to 20 waterfowls. O0 ;) very calm!!
8;I spent a very happy time for 3 hours with my boat and ??... :o :embarrassed: ;)

No heat nor warmth at the motor and ESC !! O0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BltmD5AU8U

swiftdoc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2021, 12:06:36 pm »

She sails beautifully, Kiyo. You surely had a great day out :-))

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2021, 01:34:52 pm »

WOW, Arno ! I'm so much surprised to know that you have made sooo quick and kind a comment on my report.! O0 :-)) {-) :o
A great thanks for the quickest comment ever made on me. !! {-) :} :o

Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2022, 11:26:52 am »

Hi all;

I replaced with a new powerful ESC of 150A for my mighty Jupiter F-99 to make her much stable and faster runner even on the rough water. This refitting is intended mainly for a winter season causing fierce wave. O0 {:-{ :(( :-))
1;New one and old one
2;Refitting was done. :-))
3;Some programming procedures done
4/5;She could perhaps run on the rough water much better than this.! O0 {-) :-)) I do expect.!! 
Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2022, 07:58:59 am »

Hi RC model boaters;
Boating,boating,boating.!! It's a model boating day today here in Tokyo.!! The wind is about 1m/s east as per forecast and very calm on the surface of our local lake like a mirror-like level.Outside air temperature is 14 degree C.,too warm for this season.Many people have already come here in the park for enjoying BBQ and soccer games were being held among young boys as well as baseball games....
Well then, shall I take a look at my outdoor activity for today...as follows;

1;A very kind "camera man" is taking many pics of my boat before his boating!! %%
2;A RC yacht is also sailing today.
3;Rc yachts race was going on near by..though no wind actually
4;Mirro-like surface with 1m/s wind from east...sooo calm!
5;Watch this wind indicator and surface of the lake....0.9m/s
6;It's a lunch time on the grass. Menu ? I like rice balls(”onigiri” in Japanese)very much O0
7-10;My Jupiter is sailing with a very smooth and powerful drainage of the cooling water flowed behind by the speed. :-))

Finally,a video will show you how my boat did actually on the water.!!
The throttle was at about third quarter at highest in the video.No need to increase more speed for me.! O0 %)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE1hmZIDdlI

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2022, 09:07:15 am »

Hi Kiyo  Looks like you and your wife had a good day out in that beautiful park, and the speed of the boat in the video looks just right.  :-))

Joe.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2022, 10:13:47 am »

Hi Joe;
Yes,indeed it was so happy day today for us with a good result of a new ESC that has given the more reliability to my mighty
Jupiter F-99,the queen of the lake. {-) %% :-))

Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2022, 09:38:50 am »

Hi all the RC boaters;
Mid-winter sailing for today has ended in failure with rough wave by the powerful north wind and a bit chilly weather.!! <:( :(( I have waited more than 2 hours expecting that the wind would be weaker in vain,as the weather had forecast the wind should be around 1-2 m/s to which I had prepared everything for sailing in the previous night....though,actually NOT. >>:-(
1;Here I am at the parking site for the lake. Oops it's windy so much and chilly !! {:-{
2/3/4;wind speed is about 5m/s(11.3miles/H)  My mighty JUP(Jupiter F-99)could run,of course,safely though it's not interesting to operate the boat as she might be disturbed largely by the wind for my own intended course of sail.
5;Instead, convenient for flying a kite. O0 {-)

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2022, 09:48:32 am »

Very nice topic with great pictures thanks for sharing.

I've only just noticed it  :-))
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2022, 10:07:43 am »

Hi Taranis;

Thank you so much for your comment.
Please drop in at this thread sometimes if you are interested in this sort of RC boating.

Kiyo

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2022, 10:16:31 am »

Looks a bit rough there Kiyo, but your Neptune handles it very well  :-))

Joe.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2022, 02:22:14 pm »

Hi Joe;

I'm so glad to have your kind comment. %%
Anyhow it was chilly rather than windy so that my veteran camera woman(wife)was so reluctant to stay at the lake side even in a short time.
Therefore I gave it up to sail my boat this time after more than 2 hours of waiting to expect that the wind should be weaker in vain..... <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(

Kiyo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.