Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My favorite RC boating scenes at our local lake  (Read 18781 times)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: My favorite RC boating scenes at our local lake
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2021, 12:47:28 pm »

Hi Derekwarner;

I do thank you so much for your understanding what I am really eager to make an appeal by these pics.! %% %% %%
You have securely felt and understood how and why I have been sailing the RC boats throughout a year no matter how hot or cold the weather
should be. O0 %%

The last two pics were taken many years ago with my two granddaughters.
The granddaughters were hardly interested in my boat at all,instead eating some cookies energetically ignoring my boat sailing calmly !!!! {-) {-) {-)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2021, 02:14:05 pm »

Ah yes, kids & Cookie Monsters.....   >>:-( :kiss: <*< :o ....... I have lost count with nine [9] Grandchildren  :} ...... enjoy them all... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2021, 03:18:11 pm »

Oh so many grandchildren...How I really envy you, Derekwarner !! :-))
I only have 4 grandchildren from only two children of my own!! Below the half of you .... {:-{ <:(
Not a  grandchildren are currently interested in my RC model hobby at all ,nor my children do,except an old wife
who is a conditional supporter .... {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {-)

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2021, 05:39:32 pm »

these are from 2019 - pre-Covid, when we could all relax.   I call these 2 photographs 'Deep concentration'  :}

Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2021, 06:16:32 pm »

It's been far too many years since I last saw you John - good to know you're still getting about  :-))

Ray.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2021, 10:52:05 am »

Hi all;
Today under the cloudy sky,I have been to our local lake to test my JupiterP-550 to confirm if she became faster than ever before by
replacing with a new screw props.
And the result is seen in the following video.The result is fundamentally OK for me,though not sufficient but
compromising about the speed. O0

https://youtu.be/8_Ml-D1JiD8

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2021, 04:50:38 pm »

hi ya Ray, long time no see as you say

I am unsure about Tynemouth Club but South Shields Club are going to try and re-open on 23 May and they are going to try and fit in as many competitions and fixtures as possible throughout (with a bit of luck) .   I think they may run the N.E. 2 day event and, if they do, it may be over at Tynemouth Lake - all unofficial yet though - unless you know different to me.

If it is held over at Tynemouth I will be over there to see some happy faces, hopefully.

Does that parrot still fly around the lake?

John
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2021, 05:24:19 pm »

Hi John, our club secretary keeps us updated on the situation and, so far, we've had to keep to the 6 people limit and one member at a time in the clubhouse, sign in and out, no refreshments, kettle etc.
These restrictions may be eased later next month.

As for me, I've not been to the lake since Jan '20.
Probably be mid-Jun before I start going back - still awaiting 2nd jab.

... and I've not seen the parrot for years.

Anyway, hope we can get things opened up soon...

Take care and stay safe

Regards,
Ray.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2021, 04:29:03 am »

Hi all;
I tested yesterday not only my boat to see how she behaved by the new screw props, but also to confirm how the water
conditions were in terms of something like rubbish in which the worst was fishing lines "anchored" or flowing... {:-{ {:-{
Judging from what I observed yesterday,no peculiar rubbish was found fortunately as my boat returned safely in several
rubbish finding cruises. %%
Well then,I may be able to re-start the test run in May of HMS Fencer 1/96 for the best balance sailing that I have intended so far that she should be on the water.If fulfilled in the future as I have desired so,it's my goal for this ship having been built.!
At this time,it means she has completely reached literally the finish.!! %% %% %%
1;A new transport trolley will also be tested next time...
2;Wishing you a  better sailing on the water seeking for a better stability!
3;Ready for an operation ? with 14 fighters on deck to take off! {-)
4;Going back to Greenock for some repair work after the operation? {-)
5/6;Sailing powerfully ripping the waves sharply by the bow...
7;In the real ocean?
8;Going back to her home port...???

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2021, 05:59:52 am »

Hi all;

It's a fine day today,but we are now under emergency conditions declaration of covid-19 until 11th.
These pics for today are what I wish to entitle" The slow life of my style"together with my 99cm Princess.
1;Slow life with the time passing so moderately at waterfront in spring... %% O0
2;Today's main casts
3;30m away from the shore...straight at full throttle.
4;My fastest boat
5;Shall we bring the models for today to the lake side?
6;My younger brother is enjoying today his foldable boat sufficiently.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2021, 04:09:06 am »

Hi all;
My impressive boating scenes for today taken in spring two years ago are as follows;
It was so calm on the water and in silent  circumstances all over this large park where is our regular
RC operating site regardless of kinds of RC models except RC flying models and glow engine models.
1;I brought these boats this day.
2;This was just a scene towing a rescue line of buoys I had devised for practising to rescue the boat stopped on the water.
3;This was also a rescuing scene by a real helicopter generating stunningly noisy sound of the rotors flying so close to us
   on this day.We took a rest for about two hours during these hours as we were naturally obliged to stop all the activities on the water. O0 O0
4;So calm on the water best suitable to operate RC scale ships O0 %%
5/6;New ship this day for him...

It's in the best season for the RC boating throughout a year and we may be able to do that from this month if we find
 the time to do so. Everything is up to us??? {-) 

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2021, 03:01:22 pm »

Hi all;

Which do you prefer ??
As for me I do ,of course,prefer "on the water" to "on the table." Why..so..?? She is simply a boat and normally
is on the water with some exceptions. {-) %%
However,I know it is entirely upon each individual person's taste or thought and so on. O0
1/2;On the water
3;On the table

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2021, 01:16:26 pm »

Hi all;
My small boat of Jupiter P-550 powered by 540 motor brushed modified to water cooled with a coil jacket was replaced
with a new prop to get her faster than ever before.
This 55 cm plastic boat made a remarkable progress on test today by the new prop of 40mmdia with P1.4 as seen below. %%
The speed was clearly faster enough to notice by the eyes and shapes of the wakes and waves generated by the hull. O0
I intended to use this boat as a rescue purpose a couple of months ago, BUT I soon changed my mind into using her as
one of formal vessels of my RC fleet after confirming this result of sailing test.!!
I am firmly convinced that she will do a good job as a formal vessel , not as the mere rescue boat.!! Rank up done !! {-) %%
1;The new prop I adopted this time
2/8;Test run today

The battery used today is NiMH 7.4V 5000mAh ,and cooling water drained sufficiently after cooling the motor, as seen in the pics. %%

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2021, 10:49:32 am »

Hi all;

Here I made a video of the test run of my small Jupiter P-550 made yesterday as  follows; %%
It was so cloudy though the surface was calm and suitable for the test run of a small boat like this. O0

https://youtu.be/kyvse9abkDs

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2021, 12:06:16 pm »

Hi all;
My favorite Rc boating scenes by a video and still pics for today are the followings.
The boat is my only one harbor tugboat powered by a brushed 540 Mabuchi motor by which the tugboat runs very well
and powerfully like a real one. While I personally feel she runs rather faster and agile with the motor unlike the real one
and also the waves made by the bow and stern were much more real rather than the boat herself. {-)
Enjoy the video to show the atmosphere of the tugboat like sailing.? {-) %% O0

https://youtu.be/F4gSfeFL-ds

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2021, 12:44:40 pm »

Hi all;

I just re-painted my smallest RC boat Jupiter P-550 with the original colors of black and white to get her looked
much beautiful than ever before.
I polished the surface of the hull several times to get a better gloss after re-painting.
With this appearance, she is supposed to set out to sailing in this later May as an observation boat of lake conditions to check if something worse is floating, streaming and drifting prior to my star boats. {-) %% O0
She has become over 42 years old perhaps at least so that I applied rather thick make-up on her skin this time to have her viewed much better at the lake side. {-) O0

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2021, 03:04:37 am »

Hi all;
It was so cloudy this day though in mid-summer. {:-{
But,another RC yacht club has already been sailing when I got here,which club members are always so vivid in their activities.
Their boating surface is about 300m or so away from ours.
Silent model ships like these yachts and electric powered boats are only allowed by the administrator of the park. O0
As this lake is just a part of gigantic park in the large city,exceptionally it is allowed for the RC boaters who are strictly
expected not to generate the noisy sounds that cause  other visitors offended.!! O0 ;)
1;Before sailing, the tugboat was checked beside the HMS Fencer. The aircraft carrier and tugboat look well matched. {-) ?
2;Heavily cloudy day this day !! :((
3;Regular members here of a yacht club.!
4;Ready to go !
5;Rear deck was modified to open for the sound speaker inside to be heard largely even at the distant place successfully.
  Moreover 5 holes on top of the funnels were also opened to do the same purpose of the above.
6;Back view
7;Sailing about 30m off the shore like an ocean tug boat in the scene, though she is a mere harbor tugboat,!! {-) %%
8;I'm so satisfied with her safe return from the ocean sailing ? far off the shore this day too.!! %% O0

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2021, 08:47:22 am »

Hi all;
My semi -scale cruiser boat Jupiter F-99(100cm long)was renewed by repainted with  the the same colors as before of black and white for the first time since commissioned in about 40 years before.!!
1/2/3/4;The Jupiter F-99 after repainted
5/6;My flagships O0 {-) %%
7;"I am so satisfied with being with you" %% {-)
8;I wonder if I could see this kind of scene in this summer,ripping the waves powerfully !!?? %% {-)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2021, 01:51:53 pm »

Hi all;
Once upon a time.. %% though it was only about 1980,my Jupiter F-99 was equipped with a 60 glow engine made by Enya.
But it was rather over-power for her that as soon as a throttle stick was applied to max,she behaved like a flying fish as seen in the pic below.I was terrifically surprised to see her flying off the surface for a fraction of a second..on the comparatively
calm surface of the lake in those days. {-)
1; She was too young around half a year old,and me too young in those days... {-)
2;Like a flying fish for a fraction of a second with a momentary full throttle..by which I was so frightened to see her.! %%
3/4;The brand-new same engine I bought in 2009 as the one installed since 1979.I got this new one for spare but useless
   at this time as a powerful brushless motor is predominant over my RC boats with many advantages in this times.
5;Specifications...practical power 1.45HP and practical RPM of 14500...by which my JupiterF-99 flew momentarily.. %%
6;The very props  by which JupiterF-99 flew...60mm dia.
7;The engine bed plate was modified later to suit for a brushless motor of 2200KV with 1200watts now in service in her.
"The ruins" of screws to fix the engine bed plate were seen on the wood mount...
8;But still powerful by the brushless motor in this rough water with many huge high tri-angled waves surrounding her.!
  It was terribly blowing a north wind with a fearful sound..pyuupyuu.. {-) %%
 But "she is a Jupiter"!! {-) O0 %% No worry at all!! O0
She is,so to speak,a Range Rover or a Jeep of the lake for me.. {-) O0

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2021, 07:53:53 am »

Hi all;
It was very fine day today here in our local lake with the temperature 27 degrees C and a breeze suitable for   
RC boating as well as other water sports.!!! %%
The pics for today has featured 1/32 Lindberg PT-109 powered by two 540 Mabuchi motors.
The sailing is realistic and dynamic just like its real one very much as seen in the following pics.
I like the MTB and assembled it many years ago, but have not run her seriously on this lake so far.
In this sense, this will be actually the first time to run for many minutes.
If possible,I would like to build another Elco MTB again...!! {-) O0
1/2; It's a very fine day for RC boating.!
3;Rc yachting has already been done at neighboring space like this,which group is always so enthusiastic in terms of
 the numbers of both sailings and their participants.
4;Preparing for sailing
5/8;Take a look at the sailing of the PT-109 generating an atmosphere of high speed MTB by the wakes and waves
.! %% O0
Generally speaking,the freeboard of the MTB is so low that it is rather difficult to make a sharp turn at speed.
Turning at speed sharply I think will possibly cause some troubles ,depending upon the conditions of surface... O0

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2021, 08:04:32 pm »

Some great pictures there, very jealous about your great water, I think the PT boat looks just right  :-))
Steamed up all the time

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2021, 09:08:52 am »

Hi SteamboatPhil;

Thank you so much for a kind comment.!!
This lake is fundamentally and practically at our disposal so far as the users of this lake are having conscience not to
offend or trouble other visitors here with their activities that cause loud noise and sound,etc .... O0
Therefore RC yachting and electric boating(with no loud and noisy sound ) are normally allowed by the authorities in charge implicitly. O0
We are strictly required to keep the implicit rules to continue a happy RC boating in this lake. O0 %%

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2021, 09:19:14 am »

Hi all;

It was cloudy today but so comfortable to spend the time for RC boating here with far less people than on holidays.
Therefore I have made it a practise to come here on weekday for RC boating as I had retired at 65 years old by which
I could have had 3 holidays in a weekday since then at maximum.The rest 2 days are for part-time job.!! O0 %%
I could come to have enough time to do what I want,which time I have long waited to come.!! {-) {-)
Well then, shall I go to the sailing for today at our local lake.??
1;JupiterP-550 assembled so normally,simply,traditionally with 540 Mabuchi brush motor,5000mAh lipo,
 normal ESC except a modification of water-cooling to the motor only.
2;The prop is 40mm dia with P-1.4 by which she increased much torque and speed than ever before.
  It seems rather fast for this size and scale appearance for me. She showed porpoising sometimes at full speed,but
 will recover at 80 % throttle at which she looks much realistic.!
3;Operating a RC boat on the water is so cheeeeerful ,isn't it!! %% O0
4/5/6/7;Sailing scenes for today.
8;I did it! No,she herself did it well today.!! {-) %% O0

It has already enter into the RC boating season and our local lake seems to open to the water sports fans publicly in the very near future as the construction works had already done possibly some days before... {-) {-)
So we could go there more frequently than before without any hesitations at all.!!! {-) {-)

PS;I had a very kind advice that I was mistaken about rudder setting.Perhaps the advice is correct and I follow it.
Many thanks!! %%

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2021, 09:23:15 am »

Now that's REAL model Boating!    {-)

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2021, 10:20:48 am »

Yeah,a larger girl actually got aboard a inflatable boat together with her father several minutes before taking this pic.!! %%
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.