Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheddar Attenuator Valve (AGV)  (Read 1148 times)

mikew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Cheddar Attenuator Valve (AGV)
« on: February 22, 2022, 07:55:24 am »

Hi All

Doe's anyone have a copy of the Cheddar Gas attenuator Valve instructions That I might have please

Cheers
Mike
Mike

DBS88

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Cheddar Attenuator Valve (AGV)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 11:00:56 am »

Mike, whilst I do not have the instructions, is there an issue with the attenuator? I have not dismantled a Cheddar Attenuator however, I have done so with another make from China, the issue with attenuators is generally the neoprene gasket either being distorted or split. Its not difficult to take apart and reassemble.  I also have Instructions for a John Burrell UK gas Attenuator, they refer to a service which includes replacing the diaphragm, spring and O rings. I wish you success with finding a copy of the Cheddar Instructions.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 11:07:40 am »

Hi All

Doe's anyone have a copy of the Cheddar Gas attenuator Valve instructions That I might have please

Cheers
Mike

Are you talking about the Electronic Gas valve, (EGV), or a mechanical attenuator?  I have the instructions for the EGV if you need them.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

mikew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 11:10:13 am »

Hi BB
It's the Mechanical model.
Many Thanks for reply, Mike

Mike

mikew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 11:15:29 am »

Hi DBS88

Thank you for your reply, no problem that I'm aware I've picked up several old new Cheddar items, including a Puffin Paddle engine (still in kit form), the AGV I will use in an open launch I'm building one of Model by Designs.

Regards
Mike
Mike

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 11:15:45 am »

I'm pretty sure I have the instructions for the Hemmens attenuator somewhere if they are any use to you.  Are you having a problem?  As DBS88 mentions the usual problem is the diaphragm fails and can be very tricky to get hold of either spare gasket material of exactly the same thickness and density and then to make your own replacement. 

Forest Classics do a very good one that I have had screwed directly into a Cheddar boiler for many years and it still works fine despite the elevated temperature.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 11:21:34 am »

A couple of diagrams and the Forest Classics Bix unit instructions that may be of use to you.

mikew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 11:24:52 am »

Thank you for that, always good to have, just had a look at Forrest Classic (out of stock), but will try this Cheddar one first and I see both 1/4 X 32 so can always do aa swap if necessary.  :-))  Mike 
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.