Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: channel splitter  (Read 1281 times)

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
channel splitter
« on: April 20, 2021, 11:06:45 am »

I have a water pump and an old robbe sound module, which is past its sell by date, the replacement board simply plugs in the rx, but that means I loose the pump as both it and Robbe were wire connected into a relay, so if I could split it one side runs sound board, other pump relay.  I can recall seeing plug in modules that would achieve this but no luck finding them.  I am out of channels so idea would be nice :)

Bob
I will finish this model

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: channel splitter
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 12:34:45 pm »

What about using a Y lead servo?
Roy

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 12:40:38 pm »

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 03:23:09 pm »

What about using a Y lead servo?
Roy

No use as they would both work together.

Bob
I will finish this model

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 03:24:04 pm »

Bob

You need something like this

P69 Pico Twin Switcher ACTion Electronics® | Component-Shop

Barrie

Two reasons I cant stand their stuff, secondly its for wired in connectors and not futaba type leads

Bob
I will finish this model

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 03:39:05 pm »

Hi there

Anyone who can use a soldering iron could quite easily modify the ACTion P69 to have 2 Futaba plugs fitted - just purchase 2 Futaba extension leads when you buy the P69- and cut the end off the extension leads that you don't need - e.g. the plug end - bare the wires off and solder the wires into the circuit board at the appropriate place and hey presto you have 2 Futaba plugs fitted to the P69 board - simples.  Or as an old friend used to say -  suit yourself.

John
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 03:48:59 pm »

Hi there

Anyone who can use a soldering iron could quite easily modify the ACTion P69 to have 2 Futaba plugs fitted - just purchase 2 Futaba extension leads when you buy the P69- and cut the end off the extension leads that you don't need - e.g. the plug end - bare the wires off and solder the wires into the circuit board at the appropriate place and hey presto you have 2 Futaba plugs fitted to the P69 board - simples.  Or as an old friend used to say -  suit yourself.

John
John as you suggested it can you explain where the three wires need soldering, can work out two but how about signal wire, this could be a solution, even if it is on a very large board.

Bob
I will finish this model

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 04:08:09 pm »

Found solution at Model Radio Workshop, whose stuff is amazing and small, just right for those smaller models.  A 5 servo controller operated from one stick, just what I was looking for, job sorted.

Thanks for looking and replying

Bob

I will finish this model

RST

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 04:25:13 pm »

If you only want the sound while the pump is on, the Model Rado Workshop engine sound boards have a "quirk" where the sound switches off after the stick is back at neutral for 20s or so. If you use a channel with centre position at "neutral" you can perhaps take advantage of that also?

PS I'm suggesting that because you say the Robbe unit is past sell by date so u/s. If not I can't see why to fit anything other than a switched relay board for the pump and re-fit the motor leads off the pump back to the robbe unit.  I quite like the Robbe boards -wish they were still available.

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 09:51:55 am »

If you only want the sound while the pump is on, the Model Rado Workshop engine sound boards have a "quirk" where the sound switches off after the stick is back at neutral for 20s or so. If you use a channel with centre position at "neutral" you can perhaps take advantage of that also?

PS I'm suggesting that because you say the Robbe unit is past sell by date so u/s. If not I can't see why to fit anything other than a switched relay board for the pump and re-fit the motor leads off the pump back to the robbe unit.  I quite like the Robbe boards -wish they were still available.
That's the point I don't want a foghorn blaring away while 6" guns are shooting (water), so the board from Mike will do the job in conjunction with a single relay.  The Robbe board works, but is showing its age in its size and volume compared to the radio Workshop one.

Bob
I will finish this model
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.