Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gremlin Upgrade - 2021 boat no5  (Read 770 times)

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
Gremlin Upgrade - 2021 boat no5
« on: April 21, 2021, 10:23:42 am »

Next up to be finished (again) is my Fredrick Cederberg designed Gremlin. This thing is nearly as old as I am, it was the first boat I bought when I got back in to boating after my breif jaunt living in London.

Previously it had a CMB .90 evo 2000 in it, which had got some nice porting and polishing work done to it. That motor is now powering my mate's Aeromarine Sprint Cat, I had planned to put a CMB 91 RS in this, however that motor ended up in another project.

I decided it was time to renovate the Gremmy when I discovered a very large split in it's enormous tin fuel tank. This has now been soldered back up and holds fuel rather than emptying it in the bottom of the boat. A couple of weeks back I bought my new Prestwich Sigma - build here - which came with a nearly new CMB 1.00 in it. This would be the perfect powerplant for the Gremlin, so it's now bolted in there. The boat also needed a few bits tidying up, like the broken forward hatch

It's now ready to terrorise the lake again  :-))

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Gremlin Upgrade - 2021 boat no5
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 08:02:57 pm »

Nice one yet again Andy, what glow plugs are you using ?
Steamed up all the time

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Gremlin Upgrade - 2021 boat no5
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 09:02:43 pm »

Thanks mate, this one has a standard head button in it, currently I'm using O'Donnell 77's but I prefer the ODO0003's. Unfortunately rather difficult to come by at the moment.

Most of my other engines (all my 91's) have turbo buttons, in those I'm using OS RP8's
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.