Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Acceptable in the 80'S"  (Read 12540 times)

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
Re: "Acceptable in the 80'S"
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2007, 05:53:28 pm »

Yep  them's the ones
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 07:34:14 pm »

I see in todays paper that "ousted" MPs cannot find a job that "suits their talents" as they are apparently commercially "unemployable". WOW! BIG NEWS. This says a lot for the skill and "savvy" of our "elected" representatives.
I recall a visit by MPs on a "fact-finding" tour (Falklands) and all these idiots could do was to rush around the ship asking if anyone came from their constituency. Not the least bit interested in what the ship was doing. A Pox on them all....
Notes from a simple seaman

djrobbo

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 10:28:30 pm »

Hi bryan.....it must be true because when i was training and trying to find employment for youngsters and latterly adults, i never once saw a job advert asking for a .shifty.two faced slimey , lying ba#:7#d, must be the reason you cant employ them......eh!

regards.....bob

The long Build

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2007, 07:41:04 pm »

What the PC crowd don't appreciate is that we need these small danger so that complete fools are removed from the gene pool

Colin H.

The above statement is so true

I learnt to swim ,YES  in THE DEEP END , I learnt to dive correctly In Both The DEEP & Yes the Shallow end of a pool. (admittedly in the late 70's-80's)

I have just come back from my child's swimming lesson absolutely fuming because  I have just found out that because some stupid idiots decided that it would be good to dive with their hands by their sides and with adult supervision !! had what the H.S.E Called near misses because they scraped the bottom of the pool at 1.9 metres, and because of this they  have now banned all diving indefinitely , talk about shooting themselves in the foot, all this will do is to stop people learning how to dive properly so should they then go somewhere , where diving is allowed they will not have a clue.
Yet the same pool allows people to go onto a narrow pool side with their normal footwhere, bringing untold horrors into the pool especially as most pools seem to have stopped the footbaths before entering.

Also at the same pool I have seen more people slip onto there backside walking quickly down the side of the pool than have been injured because of diving,   does this mean that walking on the side of a pool should be banned , and why we are at it why not ban having water in the pool and we can all just pretend to swim.

If the same rules for diving or any swimming incident (3 nr misses) were applied to every mode of transport we would have no transport in any form.

Yes I  know that in general the H.S.E does a good job and is out there to protect us but in some cases I think they go to far and all they need to do was just ban the idiots who caused this problem from the pool.

TLB

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2007, 07:30:37 am »

Did somebody mention pencil sharpeners.

Here is one for the PC crowd.

For some reason only half of this link is active (underlined) you need all of it. So cut and paste into the address bar please.

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/cats-"bottom"-pencil-sharpener/index.html

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2007, 09:47:40 am »

Except for MP's  now we have them trying to ban Home Lathes, the reason.....  They can be used to make guns.  this is serious people, it was reported in the Model Engineer that an MP had made it his duty to try and initiate an enquiry into the possibility of making hobbyists register their home lathes and be licensed because he had seen an article in one of the mags on building a model Gatling gun,  ( the article was for a 1/10 scale, NON-WORKING  civil war American society )  ::)
I usually find reports like this eminate from crap "newspapers" like the Daily Mail and are unfounded in fact.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2007, 12:35:02 pm »

About the lathes - the media, politicians and in all probability the security services are probably unaware that many people who can use a lathe to a good standard can probably make one.  Which would be unregistered.   Better to ban the use of scribes, dividers and protractors.  And rulers.

Have a look at http://www.btinternet.com/~two.mm/articles/fonly/fonlypt1.htm
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2007, 04:21:06 pm »

If you want some serious elfin safety junk then just google `working at height regulations 2005`.

I just wondered what it would cost to get your gutters cleaned now days.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2007, 04:54:18 pm »

And we all need to move into bungalows co it's been deemed unsafe for firemen to use ladders ????
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2007, 05:51:36 pm »

Except for MP's  now we have them trying to ban Home Lathes, the reason.....  They can be used to make guns.  this is serious people, it was reported in the Model Engineer that an MP had made it his duty to try and initiate an enquiry into the possibility of making hobbyists register their home lathes and be licensed because he had seen an article in one of the mags on building a model Gatling gun,  ( the article was for a 1/10 scale, NON-WORKING  civil war American society )  ::)
I usually find reports like this eminate from crap "newspapers" like the Daily Mail and are unfounded in fact.
Did'nt come from the Daily Mail old son. More probably from Hansard! BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2007, 06:01:35 pm »

If you want some serious elfin safety junk then just google `working at height regulations 2005`.

I just wondered what it would cost to get your gutters cleaned now days.

Colin H.
1 working risk assessment
2 hire of cherry picker
3 work per hour rate

this all takes the p*** just get a bloody ladder!
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.