Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Victory Industries Vosper Crash Tender  (Read 6018 times)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: Victory Industries Vosper Crash Tender
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2020, 07:52:12 pm »

Yeah. Agree with you both. Shall I go back to model aeroplanes as I know a bit more about them.

Absolutely not, you have started so you must finish the project.
Had a look at mine today to see if I could split the hole hull from the deck and superstructure, not wanting to budge.

RST

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2020, 08:37:44 pm »

Yeah. Agree with you both. Shall I go back to model aeroplanes as I know a bit more about them.

I'm not sure that's a reason to give up! I think you already showed good work. Thing with forums is some folk expect an exact answer to follow, but youre already part there!!  My only advice for you trying to convert some old RTR stuff so far is shave off as much plastic as you can, shave off, drill or otherwise everything not seen to accommodate any extra weight. It can be done and has been done many times, not so hard to do with a little bit of perseverance.

Cavender

• Shipmate
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2020, 09:10:14 pm »

Thanks for the encouragement. Will keep going. Sink or (preferably) swim.
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Cavender

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2020, 12:35:12 pm »

Sorry for the long gap, still here. I got distracted by the wife wanting suit cases from the loft and re-discovered my Vic Smeed PL4 model in the loft put there over 30 years ago. This suddenly took preference. I have taken out the Merco 61 and replaced with an electric brushless out runner. I have downloaded a video on the model boat mayhem facebook site. Back to the Crash Tender and the photo of Phil and Liz holding the model at an exhibition posted earlier. I posted this photo on another facebook site and someone kindly restored it for me. See attached. Will now get back to working on the crash tender. Watch this space.
You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2020, 02:50:23 pm »

Awesome photo!

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Cavender

• Shipmate
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2021, 02:28:47 pm »

https://youtu.be/3oorp6JhGYA

Got there in the end.

Gregsy84

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 02:38:47 pm »

Hi All,
Sorry to crash this thread/forum but I have recently inherited a substantial collection of victory industries vehicles and sets, the pictures of the man with the queen would appear to be my great grandfather Captain W.J.Warren and the lady holding the mighty midget is my grandmother. I have only just found this information out this week and have come across this post when searching for more information. If anybody can point me in the right direction for even more information or to get what I have looked at it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance
Chris

Cavender

• Shipmate
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 03:19:54 pm »

Hi Gregsy84

I originally started this thread some time ago and have now been successful in converting my Victory Industries model Vosper for RC. (See Youtube Video). The royalty photos were supplied by andyquirot and have been of great interest. I managed to get the original image that he supplied of the Queen and Prince Phillip cleaned up by an acquaintance. It would be good to know the circumstances of the photo, presumably and exhibition. I am sorry that I have no further information and wish you luck in your pursuit. Maybe andyquirot may have more info in how he came across the photos. Any further info that you come across would be of great interest regarding Victory Industries. It would also be good to see photos of your inheritance collection.
Regards
Paul Cavender   

Gregsy84

• Shipmate
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 03:46:36 pm »

Thanks Paul,
I am still in the early days of finding out information myself but I can only assume that andyquirot somehow acquired the photo in Jersey as that is his location. That is where my grandmother lived and aunt still lives. Unfortunately my father passed away last year and I have only just found out about these toys and the connection this week and currently need sorting through.
I will try and message andyquirot and see if has any further info.
All I know is that my great grandfather was Captain William John Warren and before he actually started Victory industrial he was in the forces and was His majestys vice consul in different parts of the world. He actually drove back from Baghdad to London in 1923, 7000 miles in 5 and a half months.
Regards
Chris
Regards
Chris

Gregsy84

• Shipmate
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2021, 04:00:29 pm »

What needs sorting through, mainly cars but many boats too and various different conditions etc.

Cavender

• Shipmate
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2021, 06:31:13 pm »

Thanks Chris

Certainly a lot to sort out. Some items attract a considerable sum on ebay. Very interested in any boats.

Paul
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.