Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay  (Read 1396 times)

paulhakits

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Ebay
« on: April 17, 2021, 02:35:34 pm »

It seems that Ebay have taken a massive step backwards. They have stopped using Paypal to handle the payments and are doing it themselves, so now when a customer pays for an Item the money is held by Ebay for 2 working days and paid in to the retailers bank account directly. They also deduct there charge of 12.8% and a processing fee of 30p. This 30p fee is also applied to their label printing service. which you now have to use.
The main problem is the delay in the retailer receiving payment, most retailers will not post out before payment is received and so this means the customer has to wait the extra 2 working days before receiving their goods.  Personally I had 5 orders come in on Thursday which although the customers have paid I have not received any payment. Normaly i would of sent the items out on friday but now i am waiting for the monies before i send out which could now be monday or tuesday. My advise is to order direct from the seller and not through Ebay, By doing this the product is some times cheaper and will be dispatched quicker. Sorry if this sounds like a rant but i thought people would like to know whats happening

RST

Re: Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 03:10:07 pm »

If they think I'm going to give them my bank details instead they can just forget it before even asking!  Time to go back to ordering from proper shops / websites I think.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 03:17:12 pm »

They probably already have your bank details as your Pp account is linked to an account and Ebay did own pp at one point.
Also what 30p for a label, is that not only if you buy the postage from them
Big storm in a Teacup. I am just using a dormant bank account I had knocking around, certainly not my off shore account.

modboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 12:40:56 am »

Hi All

As a business seller on Ebay selling Vacuum parts (16 years) we had this change about two years ago.

I thought exactly the same more profit for Ebay and not as simple for me the seller.

However although it took some getting used to I am now happy with the set up, I just check my bank account and see the payments come in. If a refund is needed Ebay do it before the money goes to your account. It is very much automated.
I think it works out the same or a little cheaper.

I have also just been notified it is happening on my private account with Ebay now. So I know how it works and know what will happen.

The only problem is now as I sell a few bits on Ebay for funding my Model boats and that's all I use paypal for. It now means the money goes direct into my bank account and mixes with my household account. That in turn means the wife will spend it on the Grand kids, better get another account sorted quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I think a bigger concern is the Packlink for delivery, waste of time use parcel to go and with a lot of couriers can import all orders to make automated.

I still feel Ebay support the buyer not the seller as no matter what the buyer says the seller ends up at a loss if there is a dispute.

Right that's my moaning done, but finally buy and sell on here, no cost's, proper modellers, and pay how you want and agree your terms with the buyer/seller not a third party. But please abide by the very simple rules.

Stay Safe.
Bob

phillnjack2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 01:58:46 am »

err this is not completely true. ive been using paypal to buy on ebay up until 4 days ago ( last time I got something).

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 04:05:00 am »

err this is not completely true. ive been using paypal to buy on ebay up until 4 days ago ( last time I got something).

What is not true, from May 31st if a seller you will no longer be paid by PayPal, all payments will be direct from Ebay, as a buyer , yes you can still pay with Pp but the seller will not receive the payment for about 3-4 days but will be expected to send out the goods.
Reading the threads  on ebay many sellers are just opening up a second bank account.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.