Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamiya-Toyota FJ cruiser 1/10  (Read 1442 times)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Tamiya-Toyota FJ cruiser 1/10
« on: May 15, 2021, 12:18:53 pm »

Hi all;
This is Toyota's midsize SUV FJ cruiser 1/10,one of my favorite off-roaders frequently used so far around Tokyo
on the trail runs, which is rather faster and light-weight suitable to carry in the most terrains.
But I have this one run today on the rather flat course along the river where we can enjoy bird-watching and observe some
aquatic animals,which are my wife's favorites. {-) %% O0  Our way of co-existence between RC hobby and wild -life watching?? O0
Well then ,here we go like the followings today with the pics as usual.!
1;This is the car driven by a Mabuchi 540 motor with a 3S 5000mAh lipo, by which it can run over 10km or more easily. %%
2;Many dandelions are still blooming....still spring though the temperature became 27 degrees C here...
3;Hey, what's your name, flowers ?
4;Running across the field powerfully
5;Taking a rest with the FJ cruiser and wife who was busy with bird-watching even in the time as I got a brand-new
  binoculars for her this purpose.!! %% :-))
6;Found a mud turtle coincidently in bird-watching. Can you identify the camo -colored turtle ? {-)
7;Bird watching for a while seriously and silently...no birds could be found this time here... {-)
8;The result is this, a bit less than 9km walk today.

That's all for today,s RC running scenes of my FJ cruiser 1/10 that made us walk and spend a very healthy time as well.
This is the very co-existence between RC hobby and keeping a good health.!!?? :-)) {-) %% O0

swiftdoc

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tamiya-Toyota FJ cruiser 1/10
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 06:10:16 pm »

What a great idea of combining  the hobby of modelling and wild-life watching! And money well spent into binoculars for your wife, so that she will accompany you :-))

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 04:03:09 am »

Hi swiftdoc:

A great thanks for your kind comment whenever you do.!! %%
My wife has been very good at gradually adding meaningless weight to herself especially in these days.!! {-) <*<
As one of the countermeasures to refrain from being large around her waste waist,I have contrived to have her walk
for a rather longer distance without feeling hard to do and continue.
I have noticed one of her favorites that will match my RC hobby operations outsides may lead to the bird/flower-watching. !! {-)
The binoculars is the a kind of bait for me to get her going out to walk in uninhabited area like a riverside place,where it
is normally easy to find the wild-life as to use the binoculars.  %%

This is one of precious time to share with her in the aged life at least for me. O0

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 05:32:42 am »

With the greatest respect Sir, :P  just how many wives do you have?....... <*<

So far, I believe you have spoken of your Old Wife %) , your New Wife :D ....and just my Wife O0

I do enjoy reading about your model boats, viewing the same and the excellent bodies of boating water you have at your disposal

So could I be bold enough to ask a very important question.......are all these wives good Cooks? {-)

[/size]Derek[size=78%]

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 08:04:03 am »

Hi derekwarner;

I am living in the Buddhist country and perhaps  may be myself a Buddhist...
So only one old wife has been playing multi-purpose roles for 42 years  so far ,among which she is a dedicated Cook especially in the home as a typical and traditional Japanese wife who is sometimes like a servant to assist me in RC operations.
On the contrary,I will be her servant sometimes when she does something for her own purposes like going out for table ware shows,movie theaters, flower gardens and super-markets and so on. {-) O0 %%

I have understood that Westerners like you are by far much more kind to their wives than we do,which is very good.!! %%
Your style is Ladies first while ours Gentlemen first...???!! {-) {-) %% O0

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 11:05:15 pm »

Ahah......well that answers that, doesn't it!  :-X  ......................................... :o ......

Thankyou.....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 02:23:46 pm »

Hi all;
My Toyota FJ cruiser 1/10 made a happy hiking for about 7km together with us in May a couple of years ago.
Instead it spent 1.5 packs of 3s 5000mAh lipos for this hiking.
1;Here we go on a hiking with this car! %%
2;On a grassy slope
3;"Attention to pit vipers" There were many warning signs like this.... {:-{ :((
4;Ruins of old Greek temple..?? {-)
5;Steep slope about 35 degree ?
6;Climing the very grassy terrain ;)
7;Trail run...
8;Passing through the path less than about 1 m wide and dark even in the daytime... O0

540 Mabuchi motor made a good job with me this day in a kind of mountainous terrains for 7 km hike. %%

ddmckee54

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 07:21:15 pm »

In your first post, in the next to the last picture, there are some suspicious looking marks on that wood deck.  Were you being a bad boy and doing burn-outs with the FJ on the deck?

Don
Too many irons, not enough fire.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 03:20:35 am »

Hi all;
I enjoyed an about 5km walk/run with my FJ-cruiser 1/10 yesterday around a flood retardation basin about 60km(38 miles)
north of my home.
We have already entered into what we call "Golden week" long holiday from 29th through 8th May this year,a 10 consecutive day holiday depending upon a person that is looong in this  year for us Japanese in general,perhaps the longest even throughout a year.! :-))
Many Japanese normally makes it a practice to rush into their long-waited trips using highways where are terribly jammed and filled with huge amount of cars during this peculiar period. {:-{ <:( {-) :o :-X
That's why I normally do not use the highway during this period nor go out for a long-distant trip. :-))
Well then,I will post the pics here to get you to know how I enjoyed the day and outdoor activities with my favorite RC model car.
1;Toyota FJ-cruisers of 1/10 and 1/1 :-))
2;Boating site
3;Very happy day with my RC model in the nature. {-)
4;On the promenade around the lake
5;Lunch time with rice balls as usual!!
6;a caterpillar..found lots of nature!
7;In the calmness except some Japanese nightingales ..
8;In the green field powerfully but slowly run through with 3S lipo 5000mAh battery
  12.18 V still kept after the 5km run with 540 Mabuchi motor which is sooo economical. 

Next time I will enjoy a RC model is 1/72 HMCS Snowberry if it'll be fine day when I make a test of hand-made mooring buoys.! :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.