Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A flavour of Farnborough 2008  (Read 2781 times)

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
A flavour of Farnborough 2008
« on: July 20, 2008, 07:32:31 pm »

Hi All

Afew pictures from the atr show today. Bit windy and cloudy but a very good show..

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
Re: A flavour of Farnborough 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:34:58 pm »

Couple more .....

das boot

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 08:06:03 pm »

Nice pics, is that Vulcan 558? Makes a lovely sight in the air.

I'm still plucking up the courage to get on a plane to go to Canada later this year...but I'd go on that Vulcan!

Rich

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 09:13:16 pm »

...I'm still plucking up the courage to get on a plane to go to Canada later this year...

well in 2006 I flew across the atlantic for the first time, and it was a piece of cake.  flew out of MCR to ATL aboard a DELTA airlines 767-200.  i thaught i'd fear it, but it was 9 hours of relaxation.  Flying over the frozen north Atlantic it was great to watch the water go by as I looked in vain for ships, and flying over Greenland was truly stunning.  NO TURBULENCE at all until the plane passed a storm near Atlanta
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 09:57:35 pm »

...I'm still plucking up the courage to get on a plane to go to Canada later this year...

well in 2006 I flew across the atlantic for the first time, and it was a piece of cake.  flew out of MCR to ATL aboard a DELTA airlines 767-200.  i thaught i'd fear it, but it was 9 hours of relaxation.  Flying over the frozen north Atlantic it was great to watch the water go by as I looked in vain for ships, and flying over Greenland was truly stunning.  NO TURBULENCE at all until the plane passed a storm near Atlanta

Nice pics.
You should try it sitting facing a load of cargo on a USAF plane back in 1974 at the age of 7 like I did all I got was a bit of food and some waxy things to put in my ears.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 10:06:40 pm »

a few pics from the air
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

chingdevil

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 10:07:28 pm »

Rich
XH 558 is the only flying Vulcan in the world.

Tester you can not answer this question:- any one know what is special about the four planes doing the display???

Brian

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 10:15:39 pm »

any one know what is special about the four planes doing the display???

Looks like they've been swapping the wings over!  {-)

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 07:22:49 am »

A couple more of XH558, you could go on board before she flew but the queue was very long  :( :(
Richard

chingdevil

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 10:32:27 am »

The answer to my question is

The aerobatic team is The Blades

To be in The Blades team you must have flown with the Red Arrows.

Brian

andyn

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 02:52:54 pm »

The Blades were red and black but since being sponsored by Barclays they are in that new scheme, they are based at Sywell aerodrome and pass over my Nan's house on the way to Pitsford resevoir where they train. Before they looked too much like the Royal Jordanian Falcons' display team but they look good now.

The display by the A380 was amazing on sunday, and it doesn't seem to get any smaller as it flies away.

Had a great time in the chalets too, was at a very interesting stand of one of the carbon composites and milling places, got to play with the front wing of an F1 car and the back end shell of a Ducati superbike, which weighed twice as much after my fingerprints were on it. They are going to have the full bike there next year.

bobinnit

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »

Hi all , I too went to Farnborough on sunday, what a great day out apart from getting out of the car park, :'( :'( :'(, took *!^*!! ages.

But heres a few pictures I got( PLEASE EXCUSE THE QUALITY, ) ;)

The enormous Airbus 380

An assortment of UAV's

The Fantastic Red Arrows

The Battle of Britain memoril flight

THE VULCAN XH558 well done to all who got her back in the air, an absoloutely awsome sight.

and finally three defenders of the sky

enjoy Bob. O0

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 03:39:07 pm »

How long did it take you to get out of the carpark? We had to leave early (around 3.45) to get to a party and were out of the carpark about 15mins after leaving on the shuttle bus, but we did miss the Red Arrows  :( :(

Still at least we saw them taxi in formation....

bobinnit

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 03:46:15 pm »

It must of took 2 hours to get out  :(, once we got to the carpark the queue's were massive so we sat for an hour then joined the queue, then it took another hour to get to the M3. I finallly got home to near Peterborough at 11pm.
But I would do it all again because it was worth it . :) :) :)

andyn

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 12:47:24 pm »

We left straight after the Vulcan landed and got straight out after nearly being crashed into by the daily mail's car.

As for missing the Red Arrows, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. At least they are now actually displaying over the Airfield.
A couple of years back they were 'displaying' over the A11 on the way home, about 10 miles away from the base, and yes they were going through the whole aerobatic routine. They may be the pride of England display team, but as they close every show, we make a point of going by then. In my honest opinion they have always been a massive dissapointment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.