Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1930s Model Ring Of Light Class Cabin Cruiser Hull  (Read 620 times)

River Model Guy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
1930s Model Ring Of Light Class Cabin Cruiser Hull
« on: May 29, 2021, 04:15:07 pm »

Hi All,

Delighted to say,  that I have just taken ownership of a 1:12 Scale Hull of the Ring Of Light Class Broads Classic Cabin Cruiser.

The model was reportedly constructed late 30s by a Broadland Boatyard carpenter, though since her highlight years, she sure has been neglected sadly, where at some stage in her life twin props were installed out of in keeping with the design, though the original centreline shaft markings are still there. Either way not a problem for I have the original Herbert Woods plans from our Model Kit Ring of Light trials we put out in 2016/17.

The entire Cabin topsides are completely ruined and so I have discarded them, though the hull in remarkable condition, perfectly good asking to be restored.

I was handed the model for free, knowing my care, knowledge and love of all things traditional Broadland craft, on the full understanding I will completely restore the model to its former glory of yesteryear, and from there am free to do whatever I desire with the model, post photos,  How could I possibly refuse.

I sure will give her all my attention to detail in honour of Herbert Woods, the original designer, but unsure if once complete, whether to sell her or not. Just have to make a judgement when her restoration is complete.

Its going to be a mammoth task, but hugely enjoyable in between the construction of the present day boat and Broads Yacht half model.

Should be a fun season or more here at Broadland Classics hobby workshops. Oh what a retirement indeedy.

Hope your all enjoying some fun time out at the boating lakes and constructing your next projects.

Cheers
Paul

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1930s Model Ring Of Light Class Cabin Cruiser Hull
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 12:45:00 am »

Hullo Paul......many members will be interested in a before & after series of photographs  O0 as you work your way with the rebuild

I can see only one previous Light Class Cabin Cruiser thread from 2011..... https://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=57851

Awaiting on ......

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

River Model Guy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: 1930s Model Ring Of Light Class Cabin Cruiser Hull
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 06:02:30 am »

Cheers Derek,

Yes indeed. I thought my previous model photos were available, oops. I shall get on and post some pics, and once I commence the rebuild, I fully intend on documenting the progress with photos.

Cheers
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.