Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos Of 1:16 Scale Model of the Luxury 1930s Broads Cruiser 'Queen Of Light'  (Read 801 times)

River Model Guy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

Hi All,

here follows photos of the scale model I constructed of the Queen Of Light, Broads Cabin Cruiser. The real craft was designed and built by Herbert Woods of Potter Heigham, Norfolk, in answer to the growing demands of luxury inland waterway hire fleet cruising.

We marketed this, together with a scale dinghy, as a combined kit during out trials back in 2016/17.

Any questions please ask away,

Kindest
Paul

River Model Guy

• Full Mayhemer

more pics, this time with her cockpit canopy in the down position, to navigate the low Broads bridges,

many more pics if you would like to see

kindest

Paul

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC

Lovely Paul  :-)
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

River Model Guy

• Full Mayhemer

Hi Andy,

Many thanks

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...

That looks so real I can almost SMELL it! Amazing.  :-))
Regards
Kit

River Model Guy

• Full Mayhemer

Many thanks Kits,

I simply adore getting very "xxxxx" (pardon the pun), at getting every detail just right.

Sadly that was my real failure in the model kit trial period, where I just would not let one single model kit go out unless bang on perfect for every customer, with every little fitting etc... In turn, had we continued with the business, I would have induced a huge backlog of customers waiting, and so I needed to be much faster at getting the kits out, even though through the trail period every customer was massively praiseworthy, still I would not be able to do such large scale long term... A real shame, for I enjoy nothing more than putting out the very best for people, and just will not ever compromise standards..

I am currently working on a small 1950s day boat, and, depending if I can sort out an agreeable method of maintaining top quality and getting more kits out, then just maybe I will again restart Broadland Classics venture.

Cheers
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.