Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Richard Huggett RIP  (Read 1198 times)

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Richard Huggett RIP
« on: June 08, 2021, 06:02:12 pm »

Learnt this afternoon via FB that Richard Huggett sadly passed away on 31st May. He had various nom de plumes on this forum, but I believe his most well known was U33.

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Re: Richard Huggett RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 06:22:33 pm »

Many condolences to his friends and family.
A talented modeller that I was only thinking about the other day with his motorflotte build.
Rest in peace Richard
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 07:11:11 pm »

Sorry to hear this sad news.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 07:33:07 pm »

A sad loss
Steamed up all the time

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 08:06:09 pm »

Many condolences to his friends and family.
A talented modeller that I was only thinking about the other day with his motorflotte build.
Rest in peace Richard

Likewise, deepest sympathy to the family.

Thanks Nick, I was racking my brain early about his association to Mayhem the Motorflotte build!
(ID:  U33)

https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.msg148263.html#msg148263

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 10:18:06 am »

R.I.P. Richard, such a sad time.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 11:51:14 am »

Sorry to hear that Dick has passed away. Our condolences to his family.
I first meet Dick at the Plumpton Show back in 1989 were he had that monster of a Type 7, thanks to him along with Burnie Wood I joined the AMS.R.I.P Dick you can now retell all the AMS war story's to our passed friends.
Fred
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 05:45:57 pm »

From NHP.

could you pass on my condolences please.
I met Rich some years ago and was chatting to him about his subs and such when he mentioned he was making a kit of the Nuclear deterant, HMS Ressolution.........i told him that my best mate at school had joined the sub marriners core and i had to vet him as a friend.....they sent a senior officer up to chat to me whilst i was in uni and we got him a little the worse for the old john barleycorn.........he sent me a letter some weeks later saying it was the best run ashore he had had in years.............told rich this and that y mates fiorst sub was indeed Ressolution................he asked me to review the kit for the model magazines.........which i did...........enjoyed the experience..........he brought so much to those such as myself who otherwise would never have had the opportunity to build a submarine......a very sharp learning curve,but he was very knowledgeable and talked in basics for idiots like me to understand, and but for him i'd never have done one.
please pass on my condollences.
thanks.

Bob

Could you pass on my condolences please. i met Rich some years ago and was chatting to him about his subs and such when he mentioned he was making a kit of the Nuclear deterant, HMS Ressolution.........i told him that my best mate at school had joined the sub marriners core and i had to vet him as a friend.....they sent a senior officer up to chat to me whilst i was in uni and we got him a little the worse for the old john barleycorn.........he sent me a letter some weeks later saying it was the best run ashore he had had in years.............told rich this and that y mates fiorst sub was indeed Ressolution................he asked me to review the kit for the model magazines.........which i did...........enjoyed the experience..........he brought so much to those such as myself who otherwise would never have had the opportunity to build a submarine......a very sharp learning curve,but he was very knowledgeable and talked in basics for idiots like me to understand, and but for him i'd never have done one.please pass on my condollences. thanks.

Officially a GOG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 23 queries.