Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CNC Routing Services  (Read 1753 times)

me3

• Full Mayhemer
CNC Routing Services
« on: July 06, 2021, 07:22:38 pm »

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a cnc router, limits of the machines are 520mm x 550mm and max height of 50mm at the moment.

I am willing to do the CAD work for you , all I will need are basic drawings from you. Send anything my way and I'll see if I can make it for you. I can do hard and soft woods, Aluminium, Carbon fiber, plastic, foam etc.

I will make it sensible priced as I know a lot of these services are very expensive! Looking to help some fellow modelers , learn about the machine and cover the costs basically!

Thanks all!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: CNC Routing Services
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 08:04:38 pm »

:-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 08:59:20 pm »

could i be inquisitive and enquire which one you decided on, I have been looking and the cheap chinese ones dont seem to have a lot of manufacturer support, so I have been veering toward the ooznest workbee, as that has good support and you can update the rails etc to make a bigger version, the trouble is that its about 4x the price, for the peace of mind of good technical support.
at the moment I need to clear up several other projects to even make space for the machine, so would appreciate your opinions.

me3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 09:55:53 pm »

Hi Grendel,
 Thanks for taking the time to have a look! I have a Ooznest Workbee. I couldn't recommend them enough. I have an Ooznest prusa printer too!

I have the 750x750 machine, mainly because the VCarve software (desktop) has a limit of 600x600. You would need to buy pro software to be unlimited on size. So buying a 1500x1500 would be useless if limited by size on the software.

The assembly and commissioning was a peice of cake, like you say great customer support. The questions I did have to ask were answered the next working day.

I have a friend that has a 'cheap' (he paid 1600) Chinese machine and he has had it for 16 months and never got it working properly. Whereas I had mine running and cutting within 10 days. And I took assembly slowly.

Things to note I'd say are. I have the Katsu router. It only comes with a 1/4 collect so need to buy a 1/8 collect at a whopping £33 ! I got the Ooznest starter kit of endmills which is a good place to start.

I don't run a dust shoe, I have built a box around it. I didn't bother with the Ooznest enclosure as it's pretty pricey and doesn't include the sheet material. So made one from MDF and will sound insulate it too.

A must is the xyz touch probe. Normally finding the corner of the work peice would involve jogging the machine until it dragged on a peice of paper but with the probe it just bounces off the metal probe and just like that you have the corner of the work peice.

Literally just got back from the workshop where my fiancee and I have been playing with the machine and we had a thoroughly good evening! Hopefully that helps a little. Any other questions please ask!

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 05:16:40 am »

thanks  a lot, that firms up my decision in my mind, i was trying to self justify the extra expense of the oozenest workbee, and you have confirmed my suspicions regarding the cheap chinese ones, time to start saving the pennies and clearing a space
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 22 queries.