Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iwata airbrush  (Read 1019 times)

Trucker

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
iwata airbrush
« on: July 24, 2021, 08:35:02 pm »

it appears to me the valve assembly on my iwata neo airbrush has strangely stopped operating, after filling the cup with white things stopped working, i stripped every thing down cleaned and put it back together but no air coming through the airbrush, working through the air brush ive pin pointed the problem to the valve assembly, off the air brush it seems to be operating, so, what could causing this issue, the brush barely a year old hardly used, no i cant find my receipt for it, can the valve assembly be stripped down even further...

Trucker

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: iwata airbrush
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 08:43:50 pm »

https://airbrushes.com/index.php?cPath=401 HI Tim give this company a call they will advise used them before good service.

Stan. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 01:57:22 pm »

it appears to me the valve assembly on my iwata neo airbrush has strangely stopped operating, after filling the cup with white things stopped working, i stripped every thing down cleaned and put it back together but no air coming through the airbrush, working through the air brush ive pin pointed the problem to the valve assembly, off the air brush it seems to be operating, so, what could causing this issue, the brush barely a year old hardly used, no i cant find my receipt for it, can the valve assembly be stripped down even further...

Trucker

I don't know if this will help - I have a Paashe air brush and when I reassemble the brush after cleaning, I really have to be careful how I line up the trigger to the valve.  If I get it wrong the trigger will not operate the valve inside the airbrush body.  Just a thought.

Trucker

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 04:27:40 pm »

Thank you for the help on this, but, i seem to have rectified the problem, i gave the part a spray with WD40, left it wrapped in kitchen tissue over night and dried it off refitted and every thing seem to working now, im puzzled by it but relieved.

Trucker

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 12:56:57 am »

Yes, WD40 is an interesting fluid...having properties that will dislodge or dissolve substances that alcohol, thinners nor mineral turpentine will not attack

Recommended for 100 + 1 uses  :-))  .......but will swell Nitrile...so not recommended for steam engine components

So, happy spraying O0

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.