Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner Adolph Bermpohl  (Read 1970 times)

SB

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Graupner Adolph Bermpohl
« on: July 26, 2021, 10:36:37 am »

Hi All

I have just acquired parts for a Graupner Adolph Bermpohl and the smaller rescue boat plus a full set of plans. I am lacking the following for both:-

Motors, prop shafts and propellers.
Deck fittings.
Transfers.

Can anyone help, are the fittings available, where can I purchase them from?

Steve 

RST

Re: Graupner Adolph Bermpohl
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 07:52:50 pm »

Hi Steve,

As you are probably aware that Graupner are quite long gone now you may struggle to find specific parts.  I'm picking up useful remaining Graupner scraps for things when I see them for future use on a rainy day.  As I found out myself recently on a rather expensive Graupner part, most suppliers state short stock or out of stock rather than it being discontinued parts (I wouldn't have bought the first one -and found it was missing parts from the box the supplier woudn't honour afterwards).

As you say you have the plans -any propshafts and propellers, couplings, motors etc. should be easy to be sourced to suit from usual suppliers, I recommend looking in Leeds Model Shop or Cornwall Model Boats first.

Depending on the part you may have to get creative and look for things that look similar.  I'd imagine unless some rivet counter is looking you can find something close out there if not making yourself.  Alternatively if you need a specific part, sometimes I've found obscure stocks for things serching for the exact part number.

For transfers / decals this might be a bit more tricky.  I know BECC do allot of things, you may have to trawl the internet for something, otherwise if you can grab the images or details of them someone can maybe cut them on a vinyl cutter / plotter cutter.

Not sure if this helps,

Rich

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

RST

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 11:19:52 pm »

Propshaft, coupling and rudder plus a £2 oiler (maybe x3 oilers) (but maybe incomplete). Sounds a bargain at 90 squid!

SB

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 07:10:41 pm »

Rich, Andy and RST

It's been an interesting twenty four hours:-

1) I have managed to source the fittings kit for the Adolph Bermpohl via German EBay at a reasonable price including UK delivery.

2) I visited the Oxford Model Boat Club today and had a fascinating morning with a great group of guys who had some superb models. Amongst other things this has prompted me to look at brushless motors - Any suggestions?

The UK EBay offerings for the ship can only describe as "interesting" and "Not value for money"

Many thanks for your help.

Steve

SB

• Shipmate
Re: Graupner Adolph Bermpohl - Propeller Sizes And Rotation
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 08:10:53 pm »

Hi All

Can anyone tell me the propeller sizes and rotation for the Graupner Adolph Bermpohl and the daughter vessel Vegesack.

Many thanks.

Steve

JerryD

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 04:46:28 pm »

Hi Steve

I have a Graupner Adolph Bermpohl and Vegesack that is a major refurb/build project but it's on the back burner as I have other less complex, I hope, projects I want to work on.
All that launch and recovery mechanism needs a complete rethink.
I have got the Vegesack running though and the performance from this tiny motor is quite surprising.  I bought a set of 4 brushless quadcopter motors from ebay (Yes that is a motor in the photo smaller than the coupling).
The propellers for the Adolf are 40mm 2 blade with a 60mm 3 blade in the centre.  The Vegesack is a 30mm 3 blade.
Hope this helps you.

Jerry

SB

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 07:58:59 pm »

Jerry

Many thanks, that is superb.

Good luck with your build.

Steve

SB

• Shipmate
Re: Graupner Adolph Bermpohl - Stern Door Hinges
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 04:30:57 pm »

Hi All

Can anyone help with suitable hinges for the Adolph Bermpohl stern door. The originals in the kit appeared to be brass. Can anyone suggest anything better, possibly nylon.

Many thanks.

Steve

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Graupner Adolph Bermpohl - Stern Door Hinges
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 09:08:30 pm »

Hi All

Can anyone help with suitable hinges for the Adolph Bermpohl stern door. The originals in the kit appeared to be brass. Can anyone suggest anything better, possibly nylon.

Many thanks.

Steve
Try one of these, various sizes available.https://www.slecuk.com/accessories/hinges
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

SB

• Shipmate
Re: Graupner Adolph Bermpohl Adhesive - Plastic To Wood
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 05:55:18 pm »

Hi All

I seem to recall that there were a whole range of UHU adhesives possibly recommended by Graupner for building their kits primarily for:-

Plastic to wood.
Plastic to plastic.

Which UHU adhesives should I use or are their better options today.

Thank you all for your help with my Adolph Bermpohl build, I am very impressed with your expertise.

Steve

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 11:26:02 am »

For Graupner (and Robbe) ABS kits, I always recommend Pattex Stabilit Express ....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.