Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sangsetia  (Read 826 times)

sturrock

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Sangsetia
« on: July 26, 2021, 02:58:45 pm »

I am struggling deciding what motors to put in this boat.The plan suggests two 540 type motors running with two 3 bladed navy props of 40mm diameter.I have two MFA 540/1 motors which to me look too small.I cant afford to go brushless so any suggestions will be very welcome.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sangsetia
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 06:29:08 pm »

HI What voltage are you planning on using? Are you using one E S C or two? What battery batteries are you using? The reason I ask these questions the motor is high revving at 12volts and I assume the stall current will be around 17 amps per motor.  The spec sheet for this motor is on the link below.

Stan.

https://www.mfacomodrills.com/pdfs/RE540-1.pd

RST

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 06:32:17 pm »

I think very few of us have modelled Sangsetia. Examples are few and far between.  Mine is still only "bath tested" after 15+ years!

I have two 777motors from the long gone "model motors direct". I think I fitted 40mm brass 3 blade generic raboesch props. 8.4v Ni-Mh batteries for power.  As said it's only bath tested and does draw a good few amps (I forget how much, but maybe not rediculous for brushed motors).  I keep on re-wiring mine as I had troubles with the original esc's and mixer.  I'm waiting for the combined 20a esc and mixer to come back in stock with component shop.

I know tendency these days is for the Colin McRae style of sailing, but from memory she wasn't that fast at full chat.

Sorry I can't be more help.  If I didn't have the motors already fitted for so long I'd maybe be looking at 5 pole 540 size motors, or similar to what you found.  It's reasonably big, but not a heavy model at all.  I ditched my SLA's for it very early on!

Not sure if that helps but keen to see another Sangsetia finished.

Rich

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 06:37:38 pm »

Hi is this the same model ? as the one that you are in the process of building.    If so, this link may just help you.

Sangsetia | Model Boats

John

Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 07:22:06 pm »

HI this is taken from the original plan so I would give a try. The ideal set up would be two ESC and battery for each motor.

Stan.

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 04:25:27 pm »

I started building the model from the Dave Metcalf articles in Model Boats - haven't completely finished it but will try to find my photos of the build.
Took a few that might be helpful.
Motors - I had a pair of the Robbe geared units - 5:1 possibly, same as a lot of us were using in tugs.
Props and shafts - came from George Sitek, fittings - I ordered the parts outlined in the article from Caldercraft if I recall.
Had it in the pond a few times and a nice running hull design.
Will see what photos I can find - model is in storage right now but I can go and get new photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.