Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edda Flora  (Read 3937 times)

Peter37

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Edda Flora
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2021, 11:08:09 am »

If you want to use cheaper- higher power units, you have to think about how to manage pushrods from 4 servos.Servos must be a lot higher, as in the original project, plus you have thing about access to the rear deck where  is a crane...   remove whole rear deck as on original is not a good idea, rear deck have to be waterproof  Good luck

Peter37

• Shipmate
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2021, 11:14:55 am »

RST:   What is GERMAN GUY????

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2021, 08:17:57 pm »

I have had a look at installing the Voith drives, I presume it makes no difference which way they are positioned because they are central to the servo positions?  I am hoping if I can fit in the position shown I won’t have to alter the deck as the motors are just below..

RST

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2021, 10:24:40 pm »

Hi sorry, it's OK to call me Rich when I post.  I might be mistaken -are you DDG51 on rcgroups?  Someone told me you were in Germany but I don't know.  Everything I see is on RC groups with no author details at all.  Sorry for any offence if I caused any.

Rich

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2021, 07:01:59 pm »

Some more work this weekend, made the bulwark supports up ready for fitting, the crane is a scratch build to a point apart from the brass etch..

Skrotiz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2021, 09:14:35 pm »

That is one massive crane!
And a great build.
Can't the motors for the Voith units be modded to mount the other way around, so the motor sits below the belt? That would be my solution to the problem but I have never seen one of those units live so don't know if its possible.

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2021, 09:38:33 pm »

The motors as located are now under the deck so can’t see any issues with them at the minute..

The crane is going take some time to build, quite a bit of detail in it with brass etch railings etc.

RST

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2021, 09:40:01 pm »

That is one massive crane!

...I'm trying to find a coule of pics. from when I was doing H.A.T. of two new knucklebooms at MacGreggor in Kristansand years ago.  We needed a client witness prior to shipping from Norway to Finland.  Not as big in capacity but very high pedestals.  We went up and to the end of the boom.  I was not very happy -a) I'm not good at heights b) there was perilous less edge protection going from the crane king up to the boom and c) walking the boom the hand rails are bare minimal -it was awful weather, torrential rain and thunderstorms.  I needed new underpants when I got back down.  The MacGregor supervisor I was with was well used to it of course! No harnesses for either of us which would have been mandatory if we were in the UK if they would even let a client up there.  That was just on MacGregors scrappy test barge in the harbour which was well used and battered to pieces but with thunder and lightning all overhead and rain like it came from a fire hose.  I went up on a couple of knucklebooms since but just to the cab and that was far enough ever since, going back down on the regular ladder was bad enough!

...We actually paid 1M NOK reluctantly to have two knucklebooms painted.  An extortionate amount at the time but fair play -most of it was actually scaffolding to get up and along there rather than the prep and paint.  They are very big things once ready to plant and on the delivery skids (they came ready to plant on deck for us) awaiting delivery by heavy lift.

I'm annoyed I can't find the pics of the H.A.T. in Kristiansand now to share with you -they must be buried somewhere on other hard drives.  They might have helped with some top details.

Rich

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2021, 09:43:37 pm »

Thanks Rich

I have a good set of drawings for the crane detail from the chaps in Germany so should be ok mate  :-))

RST

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2021, 09:55:46 pm »

Ha, just found a couple of pics.  I have to be careful what I post but these don't give anything away.
First is the cranes on the delivery skids.  They are quite massive from the ground.  I also have some pictures somewhere from the factory hall but couldn't share them if I could find them.  Second is from the top of one of them.

RST

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2021, 10:02:22 pm »

...ps sorry last photo is rotated and stretched.  It's the quirk of the forum software again for random photos.  We've been there before, if you want to see it just double click or whatever and it is all good.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2021, 11:17:02 pm »

here we go  %) O0 ............. Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RST

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2021, 11:20:01 pm »

here we go  %) O0 ............. Derek
...thanks Derek -I wasn't going through that faff myself again.  We know there's a quirk of the programming in the background, it works for some and not others.

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2021, 12:14:36 pm »

Bow thrusters fitted  :-))

Peter37

• Shipmate
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2021, 03:12:36 pm »

You used a beautiful bow thrusters. Where is possible to purchase them??

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2021, 06:10:58 pm »

Hi

The bow thrusters are from Bauer Modelle in Germany.

chum444

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2021, 06:59:13 pm »

[/quote

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3584371-Edda-flora DDG61’s build. He is a very talented builder.

Peter37

• Shipmate
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2021, 09:26:48 pm »

Thanks for information
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.