Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My favorite model more restored models from Deans Marine  (Read 851 times)

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
My favorite model more restored models from Deans Marine
« on: August 02, 2021, 09:55:55 am »

Deans Marine Z37  Narvick class destroyer model to 1.96 scale,  1.32mts length 127mm beam

Hi All
At long last I have decided to get another  of  the older models in our collection Z37 Narvick restored.
This was build for exhibitions and regattas and has had long and hard working life for many years around the competition circuit and model shows.
 Like many working models after a while she gets marked and damaged and more modern kits come along so she was put on display in the showroom and there she has lingered for almost 20 years.
 I have a great affection for this model,  I had many happy hours driving her around regattas and was always stunned by how beautiful and elegant she always looked on the water, and taking in the many kind comments made by other boaters. she is one of the most elegant ships I feel and a delight to handle.
 I decided to bring her back to life and keeps as much original as possible,   As long as the shafts had removable bearings, which she does, ( and we still do ) it was a possibility.
 Shafts pulled, and bearings removed, tubes reaming out to take new 4mm bearings and all refitted. All old gear removed, not a lot of space left in those days, all was a lot bigger and heavier.
2.4 ghz R/c fitted with independent control of each motor on 6 volts and rudder.

Now on  u tube for her test run after the repairs, still all original motors, new MimH cells on 6 volts each motor.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmNW-rB4TE

Also on U tube the same model in rough weather the film taken approx 25 years ago training for the cross channel attempt , taken with a camera the size of a small case and copied and copied over the years, so a loss
of sharpness, but after the close ups, and the boring bits, see her in action  the experts ??  Will always tell you that long thin warships are not stable ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnaL0UtaptM

Hope to catch up with plenty of sailing her from now one,
Sorry for the jumpy pictures aged knees and the new lake she is sailing on  is still under construction so the sides are all big granite stones and  very uneven under foot.
 Enjoy, more repaired and rebuilt models to come
  Deans Marine

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My favorite model more restored models from Deans Marine
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 11:58:01 pm »

Wow....she displays amazing stability for that 52" x 5" beam ratio Ron.... :-))   she must also have a very light upperworks
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnaL0UtaptM

That is seriously big water for a model so obvious good water resisting qualities too

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
Re: My favorite model more restored models from Deans Marine
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:30:45 am »

Wow....she displays amazing stability for that 52" x 5" beam ratio Ron.... :-))   she must also have a very light upperworks
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnaL0UtaptM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZnbJ-41MJg&t=8s
That is seriously big water for a model so obvious good water resisting qualities too

Derek
Hi Thanks for the kind comments, we make sure that all of our models are tested to the limits,  have a ook at some of the othershere, after the static picture it gets interesting

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.