Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: US Coastguard Halmatic 65 model  (Read 890 times)

Musicanic

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
US Coastguard Halmatic 65 model
« on: August 03, 2021, 12:17:15 pm »

I am trying to locate a completed model of the Halmatic 65 as described in Marine Modelling, 1989.  I started building one around 1993 and completed the hull, motors, props, etc. and was able to test it a few times.  However circumstances changed and the project was shelved (literally).  I am now keen to start again over the coming winter.  I am seeking good colour photos of a completed model since the monochrome photos in the original magazine are small and indistinct.  If you have such a model, or know of one, please let me know.  The original model as described in the magazine was built by someone from Histon near Cambridge.

Musicanic

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: US Coastguard Halmatic 65 model
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 04:39:59 pm »

I have now realised (thanks to Modelboats.co.uk) that this model is not based on a real boat, at least as a USCG boat anyway.  I will therefore be proceeding on the basis that the detail doesn't matter as long as it looks reasonable.
John

RST

Re: US Coastguard Halmatic 65 model
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 11:44:41 pm »

Sorry John,  I looked a few times for you since you posted but I couldn't find much that seemed relavent to your quest and I thought someone more informed might chip-in.  I see you posted a pic on modelboats website for the same request:  All info helps from the start, nothing I could find for Halmatic 65 looked even remotely like that.  No replies here probably because nobody recognised it.

Good luck with it now you have a way forwards.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.