Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moonraker Model  (Read 1937 times)

Supersonics Son

Moonraker Model
« on: October 21, 2007, 09:15:24 pm »

Aye up guys.... I was at Blackpool Model show today and have seen the boat of my dreams but did not get a chance to find out how much the kit is. I presume its a plastic kit but how much without any electrics ?

I was thinking twin IC....... :D

The long Build

Re: Moonraker Model
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 10:17:26 pm »

Might be Graupner

Try this link

https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AA

KenP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is theBest!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 04:27:59 pm »

Moonraker is a Graupner Kit.  Westbourne Models sell it,  guess the cost including motors to be just over £400

meridian

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 04:42:58 pm »

Have a look at the September 2007 edition of Model Boats, there is an in-depth review of Graupner's Moonraker kit. The review makes the point that as with a lot of the Graupner models, you will need to purchase a lot of additional parts,  i.e. three jet propulsion units, three motors, fittings kit, bow thruster, auxiliary and drive batteries, speed controllers etc. All this will cost at least another £500 - £600 so it's not going to be cheap. Nice though!

Supersonics Son

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 08:34:14 pm »

But we are all fabricators / engineers so anything is possible for the propultion. To make the model stronger is it possible to fiberglass the inside of the hull my pops thinks it will possibly eat at the plastic hull. Cheers for the replys & links guys nice to see ppl on the ball...

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 09:08:47 pm »

Not an expert on this, but my experience of fibreglass is that the resin gets quite toasty warm when curing - if it doesn't eat the ABS there is the danger that it will distort the hull by softening the plastic

Wom
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.