Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kehrer issues  (Read 1006 times)

Sonparc

• Full Mayhemer
Kehrer issues
« on: August 11, 2021, 10:30:50 am »

I have been operating 3 Kehrer KBM Jet 28 drives successfully for about 20 years but now one has a fault. After stripping it down I was none the wiser as I could not see an obvious problem so I decided to order a full set of spares as listed on the Kehrer website. When I got to the checkout their system does not allow shipping to the UK so I sent 2 emails over time asking why this is or whether they have a UK distributor to go to. Neither produced a reply. After further thought about the problem I sent a question via their contacts page where they offer technical support, this has not produced a reply either.
As their website is live and in English and German I assume they have not gone bust although their product range is not as big as it was.
Does anyone have recent experience of dealing with Kehrer ?

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Kehrer issues
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 10:39:04 am »

Kehrer, like a lot of companies, are refusing to deal with the UK post brexit because of the ridiculous import laws we've imposed

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 10:42:19 am »

Yet I have received two Voith drives from Germany in 5 working days?

Try Bauer modelle, See if they can assist..

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 10:52:30 am »

There are plenty of unfitted drives about that might be offered for sale if you make it known.
I sold a pair myself as like many others we changed to using OceanWorks jet drives.
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Sonparc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 11:10:26 am »

One of my club mates has no problems with Engel

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 12:09:47 pm »

Looking through the website thoroughly gives me the impression its business as usual to the UK

"United Kingdom:
Unrestricted service has been resumed to the UK for letters, small packages (Päckchen), Warenpost items, and parcels.

In spite of the trade agreement reached between the European Union (EU) and the United Kingdom, shipments containing merchandise (parcels, small packages (Päckchen), Warenpost International items) must be prepared for export to a customs destination (in particular the electronic transmission of all customs data and submission of a CN 23 customs declaration and, if applicable, the commercial invoice in duplicate, attached to the outside of the shipment). For information regarding Brexit and parcel service to the UK, please visit www.dhl.de/brexit."
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 12:23:41 pm »

Yes my parts came via DHL then changed hands to Parcelforce when they entered the UK..

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 05:48:48 pm »

The issue for 'foreign' retailers shipping to the UK, is that they now have to collect/pay VAT for every sale.
This means the seller must  create an online account with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and 
register for a VAT number in order to deliver e-commerce orders to the UK. The Seller will be required to collect
all VAT fees from buyers at time of product purchase. This VAT fee was previously collected when a parcel entered the UK, typically with the buyer having to pay VAT to release the package from Customs.

So basically all overseas online retailers  must act as tax collectors for the HMRC.
Retailers that have tried to navigate the registration are asked for their UK Tax ID or UK business ID, that they
do not have, as they are not a UK business. And the fact that they are overseas or foreign online retailers is
missed by any online VAT registration forms. So there is currently no path forward for online retailers outside the UK.

The EU has, as of July, has implemented a similar set of regulations.
Online retailer, you will now be required to create an online account and register for a VAT number in order to deliver e-commerce orders to the EU.
You will be required to collect all VAT fees from your buyers at time of product purchase.
This VAT fee was previously collected when a parcel entered  the EU, typically with the buyer having to pay VAT to release the package from Customs. Prior to July 1, 2021, no VAT fees were required for commercial goods valued up to 22 euros (approximately $26).

Goods valued at 22 euros or less were able to be shipped into EU countries with no additional fees required for buyers.

After July 1, 2021, all goods imported to the EU valued at up to 150 euros (approximately $178) will be subject to VAT and items valued at more than 150 euros will be subject to VAT and duties. VAT rates are different for each EU country based on the service and type of product being delivered, with most VAT fees ranging around 20% of the total cost (sales price plus shipping).

Sonparc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 04:49:39 pm »

Just a footnote to this sorry tale , I happened to be going to Portugal so I re ordered the parts using the Portugal address and the parts arrived in 10 days by DHL and Portugal Post.

I will take them back to the UK and hopefully get my boat going again

Canico
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.