Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > The "Black Arts!" ( Electrics & Electronics )

ACTion P94 set up

<< < (3/3)

JimG:
Post #7 was basically about warnings not to supply 6V to receivers and radio gear, no longer a problem with modern equipment. If the P94 can't cope with modern requirements then perhaps its time to replace it.
Jim

Colin Bishop:
I don't see any reason why the P94 won't cope as long as the specified voltage and amperage limit is not exceeded and you are using a brushed motor of course...

The micro pico speed controller is sensitive to input voltage limits as it drives the prop directly from the receiver supply and has an actual (as opposed to nominal) 6v supply.

Colin

mudway:

The rudder is the problem and is best described as floppy.

If you are on full rudder and you let go of the control, instead of immediately going to the neutral position the rudder actually flops back and forth around the neutral position before stopping at neutral. I tried different receivers and channel positions for the rudder in the receiver but no change. You can actually easily move the rudder off neutral with your hand when it is in the neutral position.

I then tried my normal set up i.e. Mtroniks 15 amp Viper and no problem.  Rudder goes straight back to neutral and can’t be moved by hand.

Weird!

ivorthediver:
Well probably to late in the day to help but,  I use all Action Gear products[when I can get hold of them]  and 3s lipo's in the system displayed and it has worked  perfectly for years in this format  , and has done on a number of models  ;) .......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version