Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RSS. James Cook.  (Read 1770 times)

Wiggy

RSS. James Cook.
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:19:19 pm »

Launched this year and currently in William Wright Dock, Hull for re-certification work. Can be seen as you drive along Clive Sullivan Way and a totally stunning vessel.If anyone wants any photo's taken I might be able to get close to the berth.
http://rrsjamescook.com/JamesCook.htm

Wiggy.

supersonic

Re: RSS. James Cook.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 05:22:47 pm »

Hi Wiggy, I saw that too on my way through Hull on friday last,thought that it looked an interesting vessel and would the Mayhemmers
give me some info. You beat me to it, thanks,
Dave. O0

Roger in France

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:39:36 pm »

What type of vessel is she?

My poor old eyes seem to see her Port of reg. as "London".

Is that a harpoon platform at the bow?

Roger in France.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 06:19:22 pm »

this is a beauty of a ship ,looks great on the clive sully way .I was going to call in at st andrews quay for a look but i think the access is closed off  so it looks like a drive through the main gate  thats as long as they will let me on with my ABP pass .
Last week there was a modern tug at the same berth ,did'nt get the name of it .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

Wiggy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 06:41:44 pm »

Hi gents,
      Roger, the vessel is a marine research unit and the web site gives a few more details about it. It was built to replace another of their vessels and can only think the pulpit is for watching directly over the bow and taking reading without any obstructions of airflow etc.
      Daz, would think that the ABP pass would get you on, wish I had one but there are ways and means of doing things ;). The tug you refered to was the 'Remo' and think details are on tugspotters site.
      Ian, guess that you were in transit then if going down Clive Sully way as suspect your not local. If anyone wants any pics. I can try and get some but not sure how long it will be at the berth.

Cheers,

Wiggy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.