Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mantua Titanic - Inherited a partially built model  (Read 1079 times)

deanpacker

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Mantua Titanic - Inherited a partially built model
« on: September 29, 2021, 09:03:43 pm »

Hi,

I hope I don't breach any forum rules with this post. My father-in-law was a keen model boat builder, building several Billings Boats models over the years. Around 5 years ago at the age of 83 he decided to build his 'bucket list' boat, the Titanic and purchased the Mantua Titanic model kit along with the radio controlled kit and display case. Unfortunately his age was starting to work against him and he threw the Hull, part 1 kit, away as he wasn't happy with it and purchased a second, but after completing this part of the kit he gave up. Sadly he passed away in May this year and I am looking for some advice on what to do with the kit.

I think the hull probably needs a fair amount of tidying up but the other parts of the kit are untouched, I think, along with the display case. I assume the radio controlled kit would be fairly easy to sell on eBay.

My post is really to get some advice about where to advertise the kit and display case and would it be best to advertise the parts of the kit individually or as the complete kit?

I just need a couple of pointers on what's best to do.

Best regards
Dean

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Mantua Titanic - Inherited a partially built model
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 02:20:33 am »

Hi Dean,

Sorry for your loss .....

Post some picture up so we can see what you've got & advise you.

( See: https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,61103.msg719443.html#msg719443 )
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

deanpacker

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 08:22:55 pm »

Many images attached, hopefully this shows the condition of the hull and the remaining kits, and bits and pieces. Do I advertise as a job lot or sell as individual pieces?

I can't seem to upload images from a MacBook?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

deanpacker

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 11:53:00 am »

Here are some images. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsYDHkXptgQjgXD5uuIcTZP5nhuY

I have been unable to upload from a Mac. I have followed the tutorials, resized images as required and no luck. Hopefully the link above can be accessed.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 12:59:30 pm »

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 06:31:23 pm »

Hi Dean,
Regarding your difficulty in posting pics from a Mac
For a number of years I had to size the pics to below 300kb, I used 250kb, named the pics and put them on the desk top and send them to may Accer laptop , I opened a file and added the pics into it and then I could post them on the forum.
For some reason that I can't remember I changed my Web Browser from Safari to Google Chrome and now I have no problem posting.

I again put the pics on the desk top , resize them to 250kb and they post straight to the forum on the Attachments and other options ,no problem.

I have just in the past 1/2 hour posted a pic on a reply to Jerry on the steam section with no problem.

Could your problem be your Web Browser, mine now works great on Google Chrome.

George.

deanpacker

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 09:53:17 pm »

Thanks for the advice. I think the purpose of my post has been lost in the challenges of uploading images rather than the problem of what to do with the inherited Mantua Titanic kit.

I would appreciate any advice

Regards
Dean
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.