Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bob Underwood - Tinkergen  (Read 1186 times)

DBS88

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Bob Underwood - Tinkergen
« on: September 30, 2021, 11:38:48 am »

My model boat career to date is mostly steam but recently have been encouraged to have a go at using wind power, so I took the plunge when a fellow club member wanted to sell his Bob Underwood Tinkergen. I have attached a couple of photos. I have sailed the yacht a couple of times now and have learned a lot, its fairly quick and agile, so I would like to know more about it. So far I have failed to find out much about the yacht or its builder so would like to ask for your help, if you know anything about 1) Bob Underwood and 2) about Tinkergens you assistance will be greatly received Thankyou

rob

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bob Underwood - Tinkergen
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 04:45:54 pm »

Bob Underwood was a lovely man, lived in Bradford On Avon in a small terrace ( actually had two houses next to each other)
His hulls were absolutely superbly finished.
I remember seeing the mould for a sit-in galleon of some sort, which I believe someone built and sailed in Chew Vally lake.
in my own little world

DBS88

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Bob Underwood - Tinkergen
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 07:17:58 am »

Rob thankyou, that adds to the story nicely, the only other information that I have found is an obituary for Bob. I have zero information about what a Tinkergen is, what it’s based on etc, I just know that it sails well and as mentioned the hull is superbly finished
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.