Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another 3d printed outboard.. And a boat  (Read 492 times)

Andy M

• Full Mayhemer
Another 3d printed outboard.. And a boat
« on: May 31, 2022, 06:59:14 pm »

Using a small motor pod from a cheap submarine puchased years ago and a 3d printed outboard body carved out with 1mm disc in an angle grinder to accept the pod, some shaping with flat tipped soldering iron, I now have  a tiny outboard to add to my collection.
 It needed a vessel to attach to.... so I 3d printed one, as long as my printer could manage. It was actually close to finishing when I heard it start to come loose on the print bed, I had to hold it in place as it zoomed about  printing the last 10mm.
 This was tidied up and modified a bit with 3d pen and soldering iron with flat tip.
 I dont know whether to use sails or not but I will make everything anyway.
 The card sails were just for a look, the final ones might be vector 'board' as I have used it on my Vic Smeed Starlet micro yacht. If I could find very thin soft cloth, I may use that. The vector board would be easier though, and can be sprayed any colour I want. Just not very 'clothy', I would like to be able to furl the sails, not really possible with the vector board stuff, it would look like a attempt at a roll up😁
 As with all my projects, no rush, I like to try out the possibilites in my head before I decide on things. Nice looking little hull, due for some colour soon. Outboard brackets were glued on before painting the hull to avoid bad glue joints.
 Rigging points for sails, mast etc, will be added with 0.8mm brass wire, I bought it a while ago and it has been very handy in a lot of projects.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 22 queries.