Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a Planet radio T7?  (Read 883 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
a Planet radio T7?
« on: October 21, 2021, 09:58:26 pm »

From Facebook ....

Hi Mate, I read an article recently on mayhem, about some kind of action electronics equipment, that you used to increase the channels on a Planet radio, I think it was a t7, can you copy me the article please, and hope whatever it was, I hope it will work on the T5 as well. Cheers.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

minimariner

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: a Planet radio T7?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 12:19:10 pm »

If you have a spare stick channel or 3 way switch you can use the Action Twin switcher or Quad switcher
both from Component Shop.
They also do an Octal switcher which will work from a channel stick a 3 way or 2way switch
Pdf instructions on there Website.
                           Hope this helps.

RST

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 09:48:38 pm »

Hi Martin -we don't have access to facebook but the original person must have on here otherwise he's asking rather than looking up?  Is there any way you can ask him for more pointers?  Is there some reason he's on "there" and not "here"?  We all want to help but forums are the best format for info.

...if it's Action electronics then surely their website is probably one of the most gifted to the consumer providing the diagrams, instructions etc.  You can't often increase the "channels" but you can easily split one into more than one function.

How do we help this guy if he wants to find an answer to quite an ambiguous question?

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 09:44:25 am »

Some radios have add-on modules that do increase the number of channels, but are generally one make only.  No hands on experience there, just reading.
Multi way switchers can give multiple extra functions, but functions and channels are not the same thing.  Some manufacturers/ sellers don't bother to tell the difference.  With "channels" you twiddle the control on the transmitter to directly do whatever it is.  With "functions" you tell it via the transmitter which function you want to use, then tell it what to do involving that function before moving on.

"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.