Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: RC operated aircraft carrier models  (Read 3360 times)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: RC operated aircraft carrier models
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2021, 05:13:25 am »

WELL some nice models  Duane but it would be nice to see trueman with a full load of aircraft
chris

Navy2000

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2021, 12:14:17 pm »

It will take some time to get the aircraft onboard. I will be casting my aircraft for both carriers of F-18E, F and G versions. The E-2C/D are already produce and look proper along with the Seahawks Sh-60's. Revell's models aren't bad but they have a stricght leg landing gear. A company that produced the proper looking F-18 with the correct gear no longer produces the model in diecast but I pland on useing them to make rubber molds and then cast them. I will have to pull them apart to make many 2 part molds. The last time I went to get casting resin the resin that I needed was out of stock and not known when they will get some in stock. So I will have to check often to see when they have some. I am looking at 60 to 70 aircraft per ship.

Duane

Navy2000

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2021, 12:33:55 pm »

Here is a video from a fun run that I go to in Oct in Rocky Mount North Carolina that shows the Truman underway. At 1:50 into the video the Truman makes a high speed run past the video camera and makes a hard turn.

1/96 scale Fleet Run 2018 - YouTube

Duane

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2021, 01:29:07 pm »

Great looking models on a great looking lake and the camera person in a position to capture the footage in an advantageous way, showing the models at 'sea level' - thank you for sharing  :-) .

Ray.

littoralcombat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2021, 09:14:02 am »

Great video Duane of some awesome looking Models. Thanks for posting.
Back to the Carrier theme, a Club Member here in Western Australia is building USS Constellation CV64 in 1/72nd scale. Very much a work in progress, but she has sailed about a half dozen times. I will ask his permission to post some pictures.
Nigel

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2021, 10:22:44 am »

Great video Duane of some awesome looking Models. Thanks for posting.
Back to the Carrier theme, a Club Member here in Western Australia is building USS Constellation CV64 in 1/72nd scale. Very much a work in progress, but she has sailed about a half dozen times. I will ask his permission to post some pictures.
Nigel

HI Nigel  wow it would be nice to see a 1/72 scale carrier on here as my nimitz was only a  1/144 scale carrier an that was nr 9 ft long so a 1/72 must be nr 20 ft long how does he carry it it about ? an any working features like working aircraft elevators an radars an lights an such hope your freind givers you permission to post the pics wow
chris

littoralcombat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2021, 09:35:11 am »

Chris, she is just over 15 feet, and is a one-piece hull. My Mate built a covered trailer to transport her. She sits on a trolley whilst on the trailer, which is wheeled off the back via ramps and a winch. This trolley then carries Connie to the lakes edge and then she is launched by reversing the trolley into the water down a natural slope.
A bit of effort is required, but there are always willing Club members around to lend a hand.
I'll speak to him soon about posting pictures.
Nige

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2021, 11:00:10 am »

Chris, she is just over 15 feet, and is a one-piece hull. My Mate built a covered trailer to transport her. She sits on a trolley whilst on the trailer, which is wheeled off the back via ramps and a winch. This trolley then carries Connie to the lakes edge and then she is launched by reversing the trolley into the water down a natural slope.
A bit of effort is required, but there are always willing Club members around to lend a hand.
I'll speak to him soon about posting pictures.
Nige

HI Nige wow wow my carrier was a job to lift but backing down into the water is a very good idea as the water will take her weight but could not do that here as we have concrete walled ponds x2  but tell him id love to see his pics of the lanch an sailing with other ships if poss an some shots in side an has he any working featueres like aircraft lifts an radars an such
ATB to you sir
chris
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.