Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem ??  (Read 731 times)

merseyferry

• Full Mayhemer
problem ??
« on: November 01, 2021, 04:20:26 pm »

ok i have gone wrong somewhere, i followed the diagram on the billingsboat  web sight for banckert,about the rudder set up.  my problem is  when  i tighten up the screws  inside the hull  for the rudder  it lifts the whole thing out of sink any help would be  greatly received, please take in to consideration i am a  novice  at the rudder set up......oh and i tried putting a nut and washer in before i installed it into the shaft and i couldnt see any thread inside  to apply the upper  nuts etc

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
Re: problem ??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 04:42:03 pm »

Perhaps you can apply a washer, then nut to proper height. then add the control arm and
then another nut to lock everything in place?  O0

Geoff

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 04:51:18 pm »

I think the issue is that the port side rudder is being pulled up by the nut more than the starboard side, so if nothing is binding I would suggest you put some additional washers on the starboard rudder shaft inboard so you can "pull" the starboard shaft higher up.

Cheers

Geoff

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 07:16:04 pm »

It looks as though the 'tiller arm' on the port side is thicker than the arm on the starboard side. Pack it up with some washers as already suggested.

Barrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 21 queries.