Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: sticker residue removal  (Read 9548 times)

ABRAD

Re: sticker residue removal
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 01:58:53 am »

Any body using WD40 in our repair shop gets there plums cut of by the painters, it floats in the air and it  always ends up in the paint shop, the damage it causes to a freshly painted vehicle is unbelievable.

Stavros

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 09:40:02 pm »

Was in Halfords today and spotted an excellent product which is ideal for the job and is called graffiti remover

Stavros

slewis

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 10:05:38 pm »

Any body using WD40 in our repair shop gets there plums cut of by the painters, it floats in the air and it  always ends up in the paint shop, the damage it causes to a freshly painted vehicle is unbelievable.

We use WD40 a lot in our place as well (turn over of 140 cars a week to give idea of size)
Cant say we have ever experienced any cross contamination from it if the job is cleaned off properly before painting .
It DOESNT contain silicon which is a bit of an urban myth .

Shane
(Painter 15 years +)

djrobbo

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2007, 08:25:31 pm »

Hi shane .....ended my motor trade life owning a classic car repair shop...to find out one way or the other i conducted an experiment with wd40....i.e placed a scrap door in the paint shop and prepped for painting..masked half the door off and painted......no problems............ynmasked the other half of the door and went into the workshop and sprayed wd40 onto the bench....waited 15 minutes and went back in and painted the other half of the door...........result was  large patches of silicates on the panel which made the paint ciss away from them....result wd40 banned from use anywhere near the paint booth....

mechanical and paint and body trade for 30+ years

regards...bob.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.