Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amati Italian Runabout (Riva Aquarama)  (Read 1048 times)

DPTrainer

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Amati Italian Runabout (Riva Aquarama)
« on: November 11, 2021, 07:53:02 am »

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined your forum and looking forward to getting help and advice when building the above model. I built some models when I was in my twenties - an RAF Crash tender and two model yachts but all done with sheet plywood. I'm now 70 having been away from modelling for 45 years! This new model is with planking which I'm still unsure about the techniques, glues etc to use. It is double skinned one layer of spruce and then a final layer of mahogany and I don't want the final varnished finish to be damaged with glue marks! It is going to be a working model so my other challenge is ensuring it is waterproof. I've attached some images of my boats. The Fire Boat and Marblehead yacht were resurrected and refurbished during the lock down after many years in storage. Looking forward to hearing your advices.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
Re: Amati Italian Runabout (Riva Aquarama)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 09:41:26 am »

Welcome to the Mayhem!

You, along with most newcomers, seem to have trouble attaching photos to your posts.  Don't worry, there are plenty of ways of doing this and most are fairly straightforward.  I use Mayhem's own image hosting site here.  You will need to create an account but it is free and will stay that way (unlike some image hosting sites I could mention).

There are also several build logs of boats similar to yours, so take some time to read through those and ask questions of the builders.  There is a wealth of knowledge available here, so try and make good use of it.  As they say, the only silly question is the one you didn't ask.

Happy building!

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.