Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck Build  (Read 1537 times)

Plastic Man

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck Build
« on: November 15, 2021, 05:29:03 pm »

Evening everyone

So I have not done a scale build in 40 odd years and with the love of warships and all things rc boats I thought " Could someone who has not built anything in such a long time build something that looks good and get it on the water to a standard that dont look anything like what my childhood models looked like %% ??

I have already done a few bits on the kit but not a lot that needs me to post hundreds of pictures and got to thinking I should really share my build and others can help with advise of what I have done wrong before I make a start on the 1/200 HOOD.

I will be doing this kit with only whats in the box with no extras ( Not the guns as they are all metal ) but the HOOD will have all the extra parts I can find and will be fully painted

Hope you all enjoy my build and looking forward to your advise as I build along

Plastic Man

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Trumpeter 1/200 Bismarck Build
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 07:33:11 am »

HI PLASTIC MAN
well i'll be following your build as you go as im on here building my 1/72 tiger build so im on here quite a lot an will help you if i can
ATB chris  :-))

Plastic Man

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 01:53:59 pm »

This is how I would like my model to look

bism00" border="0

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 04:17:52 pm »

hi plastic man no swatsticas ?

Plastic Man

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 04:39:18 pm »

hi plastic man no swatsticas ?

Hi Chris nope as I undestand it this is how bismarck was at the time it set sail. And it was only at a later date other item like the swatsticas was added.

So been working on this bit first

[/img]

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 04:46:05 pm »

hi plastic man  well ok none of them then but i'll say this your doin nice work on S/S Will be following along as i think this will be a cracker of a build
keep it comin
chris  :-))

Plastic Man

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 04:52:50 pm »

Thank you Chris

Not done anyuthing like this for over 40 years and that was the time when there was no such thing as liquid cement.

Doing this one to build up the skills to do 1/200 HMS Hood and she will also have full rc gear

Only problems im really facing is PE as never done that before but slowly getting there and its all learning

Paul

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 05:20:48 pm »

Thank you Chris

Not done anyuthing like this for over 40 years and that was the time when there was no such thing as liquid cement.

Doing this one to build up the skills to do 1/200 HMS Hood and she will also have full rc gear

Only problems im really facing is PE as never done that before but slowly getting there and its all learning

Paul
HI Paul thats what its all about learning as ive been building small an big models for the last 60 odd yrs an im still leaning on my tiger build as its getting complex an ive told my m8 an he's been havin a look at your build as he soon to start his 1/350 bismark so he's learning from you also an im enjoying whatching your build come on carry on an enjoy but a question is it that you will add r/c to hood but not bismark is it because you are still learning ?
chris

Plastic Man

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 05:33:39 pm »

No mate I cant sit and have a static model thats just a waste in my eyes. And I have a few 1/350 that have been done without all the rc gear and now its time to have warships with all the RC goodies

I have everything for Bismarck and the guns look amazing,  They will all be static but Hood will have moving guns ect

Bismarck will be as it has come out of the box and built but HMS Hood is going to have every upgrade part I can find  :}

DSC00560" border="0

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2021, 05:58:45 pm »

HI Plastic Man have look at the link below you will also see the 1/200 scale Hood built by one of the other members.

Stan.

https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,58529.75.html [size=78%]  [/size]

Plastic Man

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 03:34:16 pm »

Been a couple of weeks since posting as been busy and only got a little bit done so here is whats been done

Now I have a lot more time to get stuff building looking forward to it again

DSC00563" border="0
DSC00564" border="0
DSC00565" border="0

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2021, 08:41:36 pm »

The Bismarck build is looking good so far but one thing still puzzles me why are we still bending bits of wire to connect things. The picture below shows the rudder linkage fitted in my 1/200 Missouri adjustable in all directions. Brass push rods used no corrosion problems final picture shows a 3 rudder set up in my Elco conversion. My only wish is to make things simple but if you prefer your method so be it.

Plastic Man

• Shipmate
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 07:12:57 pm »

Evening Stan

As you can see even the experts at Deans get it wrong sometimes but now going to change it to how yours looks  %%

Still learning lots and looking forward to your advice on parts that have been done.

I did plump to not have this rc and it's just going to be static model and then thought all that hard work and it don't go on the water so got the all the rc kit so it can have a good life on the water

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA" border="0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 3.491 seconds with 21 queries.