Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A small diversion  (Read 766 times)

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
A small diversion
« on: December 01, 2021, 11:17:26 pm »

I started on this three part build in march, i found a 30" Dumas Wellcraft Scarab for sale for a reasonable price on ebay.  After buying the boat, i found that Offshore Electrics had a closeout sale on the TFL scale outdrives, and had to get those.  I added two castle creations sidewinder esc's, and two 4000mah 3 cell batteries to basically get the boat running for my club's august regatta.  it ran there for the first time, and i am quite pleased with its performance.  i need to finish the details and get it painted.  i am thinking the same colors and scheme as the boat in "Miami Vice" from the 80s

then, my company gave me a $500 bonus at the end of may, which paid for the Tamiya King Hauler.  I modified it so that it is what is referred to as a "day cab"  no sleeper box... mainly used for local transport, not over the road.  construction equipment moving kinds of things.

then the company proceeded to give me a pay raise, which gave me the impetus to buy a Tamiya Flatbed Trailer, which is the basis from which a bunch of 3d printed parts are added, to make a lowboy trailer. 

i will be building the scarab as a 38' model instead of its intended 30' model, which changes its apparent scale from 1/12 to 1/16...  very close to the tamiya tractor and trailer.

I finished printing the last of the 3d parts last night, and had to put together a working version of the trailer, just to see how it would look with all the parts in one place.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: A small diversion
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 06:02:12 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.