Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheddar Puffin Maxi Plant Dimensions  (Read 675 times)

steamyjim

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Cheddar Puffin Maxi Plant Dimensions
« on: December 12, 2021, 10:53:14 pm »

Does anyone on here have a Cheddar Puffin Maxi plant? I'm looking for the dimensions of the engine mounting tray so I can replicate one, please. Even better if you've got a spare one you'd consider parting with...

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Cheddar Puffin Maxi Plant Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 09:09:57 am »

The tray size can be whatever you want it to be.  I have the same plant but the engines have been mounted the other way round so the tray might be a little bit wider to accommodate the lubricators. 

The first consideration is the shaft spacing, which will determine the engine positions.  Decide which way round you want to mount the engines then decide on how much space you have around the engines and, consequently, decide how big you want your tray.

"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

steamyjim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 09:16:43 am »

The tray size can be whatever you want it to be.  I have the same plant but the engines have been mounted the other way round so the tray might be a little bit wider to accommodate the lubricators. 

The first consideration is the shaft spacing, which will determine the engine positions.  Decide which way round you want to mount the engines then decide on how much space you have around the engines and, consequently, decide how big you want your tray.

Nice to see another maxi plant. I'm not looking to build this plant into a boat so the shaft spacing isn't important - I'm currently trying to collect an example of every Cheddar Models steam plant and locomotive so just want to set it up as per the catalogue illustration.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 09:21:00 am »

Have you spoken to Jerry at Cleveland Steam.  He used to work for Cheddar.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

steamyjim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 09:51:26 am »

Have you spoken to Jerry at Cleveland Steam.  He used to work for Cheddar.

I've not asked Jerry about this particularly point - I've somewhat inundated him with Cheddar questions of late! Could you tell me the length and width of your engine tray please?

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 10:09:45 am »

As I mentioned unfortunately my engines are the opposite way around so the tray on my plant, I am quite sure, is not the original Cheddar supply tray, particularly as it is not painted, therefore the dimensions of mine are not original.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.