Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The ever useful cordless combi drill  (Read 401 times)

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
The ever useful cordless combi drill
« on: April 04, 2024, 12:37:10 pm »

At the weekend, i used up 6 old kitchen doors to make a planter for the wife (it needs a couple of extra brackets to hold it together, but otherwise its fine, its been lined with plastic and whilst being moved it knocked off my Bosch 14.4 cordless drill, splitting the grip from the body (the grip is still held on by that rubber palm piece that runs up the back), it still works but awkwardly.

The Question - what replacement would you go for - I have a lot of Parkside items that are 'stored' until needed, the most used being the oscillating tool, but not so keen on replacing the Bosch with a Parkside one, any suggestions,  Aldi do a Ferex at £25 without the battery and charger, the Range have Black and Decker (cant remember but about £50+) and Sabre (£42).

A Screwfix Bosch is in the region of about £90+ and Amazon cheapest is about £80.  {:-{
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Re: The ever useful cordless combi drill
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 07:24:29 pm »

Amazon have a Black & Decker 18v drill/driver for £33.00

Infact, if you Google cordless drill quite a few come up, including well known brands for reasonable money.

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 07:14:31 am »

I have 2 of the parkside ones, one seemed to have issues- but that turned out to be  the battery rather than the drill. mine get used all the time. I also have a lot of other parkside stuff and the only issue I had was a 12 month old cordless grinder that i overstressed and burned out the motor - the new motor would have been £20, while fortunately the same week they had the grinder on sale again for £29, so it just got replaced, the replacement is now 2 years old and still going strong.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 09:49:32 am »

As mentioned - I have a few parkside tools, not so impressed with the stud finder, but thats to be expected, Screwfix do refurbished ones eurbaur and other brands going up in price, even their titan brand is expensive, they did have a reasonably priced Bosch, like B&Q in the sub £60 region.

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 11:45:33 am »

Also depends on who actually makes the Parkside gear. I was bought a Parkside pillar drill and the instruction book etc was for Einhell. Solid and works well but just needed a bit of setting up.
Tony

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 02:57:38 pm »

Was in B&Q today and got the Bosch drill for £65, so its replacing what I had in the past. That and none of the 3 Lidl's in the area had any power drills available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.