Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/16 RC tanks  (Read 1360 times)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
1/16 RC tanks
« on: December 17, 2021, 05:21:45 am »

Hi RC tankers;
I suppose many of you may already know, Tamiya is supposed to start selling 1/16 RC BRITISH ARMY CENTURION TANK MkⅢ around a Christmas day here in Japan. The MSRP is ..... .........¥121000 !! %% {:-{ :(( >>:-( :o %) :-)) O0 O0 ???
...The pic is from the Tamiya's website.

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/16 RC tanks
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 12:34:15 pm »

From Google, just over £800.
Dundee Model Boat club

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 01:21:29 pm »

Looks nice but I guarantee that by the time it gets to the UK you are looking at £1000 + and that will be without radio gear.

My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 12:04:43 pm »

Oh,no worry about that at all,gent !! %)
There are some very excellent countries around our country,one of which may possibly reproduce so superb and precise a product by the time the Tamiya Centurion tank will reach your region at much more inexpensive and competitive price like 1/3 or 1/4 of the Tamiya price unless you mind of the Tamiya qualities.!! O0 {-) :-)) 
1;1/16 Leopard 2A6 built from the kit other than Tamiya.
2/3/4;Tamiya Leopard 2A6.It is next to impossible to discriminate between the two judging only from their appearances.!!
Needless to say,it's entirely up to you which to choose Tamiya or the other,or both.... :-)) O0 %)
According to Tamiya website,the price of ¥121000 includes everything except Tx batteries,which they call" Full operation set".

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 02:14:55 am »

Hi Henglong RC tankers,
I could have a spare time to touch my Henglong 1/16 US M1A2 RC tank thanks to bad weather conditions for RC boating
 as to blow a bit rougher in these days here in Tokyo that is not peculiar in the spring.
During this time, I set a plug-in charging system at the bottom of the tank as seen in the pics below.
I don't necessarily think it very useful and practical to install , but just wanted to install it on the tank. {-) %% :-))
Here a plug-in RC tank is complete. :-)) {-) %%

By the way, I wonder when it'll be fine for RC boating on our lake.....???? {:-{ <:( %%

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 06:46:30 am »

This model tank is potentially an awesome tank IF updated with more excellent stuffs like the motors and additional
cooling system to go on outdoors. I replaced with more powerful and hi-speed motors and added my own designed
forced-air cooling system to the hull. :-)) :D
With these improvements, the model tank could successfully cruise over2.3 miles around our local boating lake in spring
4 years ago.

1; On the grassy field
2; The suspensions worked very well
3; On the road, needless to say any more caption !
4; On the slope, this kind of terrain is very difficult for the tank to cross as the tracks are apt to go out of the road wheels
    easily...the model tank went well in this case. :-))
5; FPV view at low altitude..?  Well -camouflaged painting...??
6; Passing under a big cherry tree
7; Passing too thick grassy path where I was so anxious about tangling of the grass around the sprocket wheels by which
   the tracks might go out of the road wheels leading to complete stop in the cruising far away from parking area... <:( <:(
   This tank is too heavy to carry by hands to the parking area. >>:-( <*<
8; V-meter was easy to see on running at anytime which is very important to know in a long cruising.
   A tank is very energy consumptive vehicle regardless of its size. O0
9; Changing another battery during which a group of doves came up to me to observe what I was doing...?? {-)
10;The result...Total cruising distance 3.72km /2.3miles for which I used 2 packs of 5000mAh lipos. The motors were too hot though touchable level by finger due to cooling system.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 07:46:00 pm »

Firstly, that Centurion model is crying out for conversion! It could have a 105mm barrel, a new stowage cage at the rear to hold an IR searchlight and other kit, it could have a completely new engine deck off a Patton for the Diesel 'Cents' as used by several nations. It could have small mods and a sun shade mounted on the turret for the Aussies in Nam, it could have ERA and new sights becoming the Stridswagn 105, you could go completely mad and make any of the Israeli versions and even convert it to an ARV or BARV!!!!!

2, the M1 looks fab, but the dark spray along panel lines etc are a good base for the next level of painting...... spray the base camo colour over the top so the dark lines meld into it and become shaded panel lines etc. The manufacturer tried to cut some corners by using one process to create shaded panel lines and edge chipping and achieved neither.
The top layer of base colour needs misting on carefully so as not to blank out this shade and should be followed by a 'pin wash' with oil paint followed once dry with a coat of matt varnish.

Nice work getting a good patrol done though commander :)
Pond weed is your enemy

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 11:06:43 am »

ballastanksian
 So glad to have your kind and detailed advice on painting which is the weakest in building a model tank to me... <:(
Because I have normally paid most attention to convert the tank to get practically it tough as much as possible for running
outdoors for a long distance. :embarrassed:   Therefore, I could not afford to take care of the appearance and I also have thought that
actual running outdoors may contribute to natural paint work by sand, mud and other dirt as a real tank may have used them in the field..?? {-) %%

The Centurion tank also was very practical and trustworthy to use and to convert for respective usage in each nation.

I am so much interested in 1/16 Churchill tank V7 now on sale since it still maintained the atmosphere and movement of WW1
tanks. But according to some information the real tank was terribly notorious among the crews for its too slow speed against
powerful enemy tanks. A tank was born in your country originally, wasn't it? ;D   A superb invention !!  :-)) %%

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 08:01:04 am »

I am one of those who are so much inclined and favored to operate/play Rc models in the field rather than to put them in the shed for a long time once they have been completed.
When it comes to running the RC tanks in the field, powerful motors and sufficient cooling are must, especially in a long
cruising in the various terrain. Looking back to my stock Henglong M1A2 Abrams tank, the motors was found to be so vulnerable
and easy to get toooo hot soon even in a short run. To make the matter worse, it's toooo slow to move on the road. <:( <:(

Therefore, I soon decided to change the motors to way powerful ones after the first field test run without no hesitation. {-)
Anyhow it was tooo slow to get it to cruise in the field so that I could not tolerate to follow it.!!! >>:-( <:( :((
  Now, intensive conversions start here to a goal to run in the field for a long time at an acceptable speed for me.!!!! :-))

1;These are stock and provoking motors for a field run. >>:-(
2; I got better motors called "red motor "in the catalogue.
3; Look much better judging from their size and color only. {-)
4; Finished to replace barely in the narrow space. :D :D  The biggest motor in this space..... {-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.