Mess Deck: General Section > Model Boating

Paula 3 Motor Recommendations

(1/3) > >>

Pauli:

Hi,

I am about to start building a Ro-Marin (Robbe) Paula 3 and wondered if any one could recommend a suitable motor.

The kit came without a motor but the instructions suggest fitting a Krick Max Power 600 motor. I have been unable to find a vendor for this motor in the UK and the shipping fees incurred from sourcing one from Germany are prohibitively expensive.

The motor will be driving a 35 mm, 30 mm pitch, brass prop rather than the plastic prop supplied with the kit.

I am looking for a motor that will provide a longer running time rather than speed when coupled to a suitable battery.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,
Pauli

Martin [Admin]:

One of these should be good ....

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/motors.html/?cat=185

Pauli:
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, Component Shop have quite an extensive range of motors and from experience they provide really excellent customer service.

Are you able to suggest a specific motor from their range that would meet my requirements?

Kind regards,
Pauli

Netleyned:
The ones Martin showed are both ok.
Depending on the voltage of the battery.
6v 540, 12v 555
That would be my choice.
Ned.

Pauli:

Hi Ned,

Thanks for your reply.

When I originally looked at Martin's reply, I clicked on the link to Component Shops website (motor section) which pretty much resolved to their entire range - my mistake.

I should have clicked on the image that Martin had attached showing the four motors. As I will likely be powering it from a 6v battery the 540 DC motor without mount seems a good choice as confirmed by yourself. The motor is described as being "Noise Attenuated" I wonder how much quieter it is compared to a standard motor?

Anyway, thanks Martin and Ned, unless anyone else has an alternative suggestion then I will probably opt for the 540 DC motor (6-12v) Noise Attenuated.

Kind regards,
Pauli

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version