Mess Deck: General Section > Model Boating

Paula 3 Motor Recommendations

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stan:
HI Please find attached the data sheet for 540 N/ A motor. The motor revs at 6.000 at 12 volts at 6 volts maybe 3.000 would you be happy with this?

https://www.mfacomodrills.com/pdfs/RE540LN.pdf

Pauli:
Hi Stan,

Thanks for the motor spec. sheet - very useful info  :-))

Kind regards,
Pauli

JimG:

--- Quote from: Pauli on December 28, 2021, 02:33:00 pm ---
I should have clicked on the image that Martin had attached showing the four motors. As I will likely be powering it from a 6v battery the 540 DC motor without mount seems a good choice as confirmed by yourself. The motor is described as being "Noise Attenuated" I wonder how much quieter it is compared to a standard motor?

Kind regards,
Pauli

--- End quote ---
Noise attenuated probably refers to electrical noise not what we hear, will probably have internal filtering so no need to fit capacitors externaly.
Jim

Pauli:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

I think you are correct - although the term "noise" is ambiguous without clarification and the absence of acoustic noise is a quality that someone might well seek out in selecting a suitable motor for use in a model.

Thanks anyway for pointing that out  :-))

Kind regards,
Pauli

Peter57:
Hi Pauli,

I appreciate it has been a few months since you last posted on this topic, but I am thinking of building a Paula 3 as my next project. Please can I ask if you did use a 540 N/A motor on 6V in your model?

Many thanks
Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version