Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moin! New from Hamburg/Germany for Tyne Class lifeboat  (Read 1958 times)

JoJoElbe

• kind of lifeboat nerd .... just kind of ...
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
    • modellwerft.spuelsaum.de (german + engl summarys)
Moin! New from Hamburg/Germany for Tyne Class lifeboat
« on: January 27, 2022, 03:08:28 pm »

Hi all,
I've started modelling 2016 with a wreck of the german motor-lifeboat LÜBECK II(this and all other links are leading to sites with german language, if someone is interested just ask I will be happy to answer or discuss),followed by the Graupner SARS kit or better the 9.5m 'Seenotrettungsboot' WILMA SIKORSKI, both in 1/20 scale.Followed by the plan-built 1/10 'Strandrettungsboot' GESINA and the originally 10 year later built version MAX CARSTENSEN (1/20, 35cm).As these have zero or very limited functions I started building a ponton for them:
including servo movable magnets inside to keep the boats aside.
So what's next---- first I wanted to build a larger version of the LÜBECK II (orig. 13m), not larger in scale but a 17m motor-lifeboat .... but in another forum I had a discussion about older RNLI boats, especially the Somomon Browne and a boathouse and slipway ..... so ..... finally I'm waiting for a hull and plan set for the tyne class to arrive. 

My plan is to build a slipway and boathouse too. And actually that's the reason why I joined here, I will have a lot of questions for sure.

And on the other side: if anyone need help with the german lifeboat association DGzRS or lifeboats, feel free to ask.

Best regards,Joerg
P.S.: As you may have guessed, I'm no native english speaker, sorry for some funny language.
Actual: Tyne class + boathouse + slipway
My models:  1:20 Motorlifeboat LÜBECK II (DGzRS), 1:20 Motorlifeboat WILMA SIKORSKI (DGzRS 9,5m), 1:10 Beachlifeboat GESINA (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Beachlifeboat MAX CARSTENSEN (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Lifeboat Ponton + more

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Re: Moin! New from Hamburg/Germany for Tyne Class lifeboat
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 09:30:35 pm »

Hi Joerg, nice to see you have joined from Germany, some pics of my build..

JoJoElbe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 09:48:31 pm »

Hi Russel,thanks for your welcome. These 9,5m Boats are pretty nice, since 2015 they have built a few 0,6m longer upddates with stronger engine.
Did you use the original motor (400 speed) from the kit?  Mine went up in smoke on the first testride.  Fortunately it didn't burn, but when I took of the Deckhouse the hull was full of smoke. Meanwhile I'm running it with a small brushless motor.

Anyways, next week the Tyne hull and plans should arive  %%
Best regards,joerg
My models:  1:20 Motorlifeboat LÜBECK II (DGzRS), 1:20 Motorlifeboat WILMA SIKORSKI (DGzRS 9,5m), 1:10 Beachlifeboat GESINA (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Beachlifeboat MAX CARSTENSEN (DGzRS 7m), 1:20 Lifeboat Ponton + more

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 11:49:51 am »

Greetings Joerg, Welcome to the Mayhem!

I always wanted the Graupner Hecht, ( twin jet drive)  but was way overpriced, even when released.  >:-o

They release a cheaper kit, Seenotrettungsboot / Hentha Jeep(?).
The kit was excellent, and all held together even during 'dry fit'!

Recently, I got my hands on a Graupner Multijet, complete, but it's not got it's bottom wet yet.....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

JoJoElbe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 12:20:12 pm »

Hi Martin,
the Hecht is 1/10 scale (original only 7m long), V2 with 'blown' one part hull+deck usually better than the V1 with two parts in ABS. The are fast and probably funny to drive but so far the ugliest of all DGZRS
shapes.
The 9.5m 'Seenotrettungsboot' is in 1/20 scale, actually there is a new version available in germany

https://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/onlineshop/product_info.php/info/p6383_SAR-Seenotrettungsboot-Wilma-Sikorski-1-20----38-90120.html/XTCsid/3bc9b07b3abed8ac41935bd90d2a0865

Not from Graupner but probably from the asian builder who already built the Graupner models. It's V2, means deck and hull in one.

If you're not after DGzRS the multijet sure is the better choice for the eyes ...  ok2

I like the old 7m lifeboats from the 1970s, but they are slow.... allthough one can have some fun with them:

My wife was 'driving' the boat while I took photos... Well, the fun sure came later and not in that very moment.  Except for the motor controler everything stayed alive and happy -- and we're still married  {-). (the controler anyway was on the 'to be changed' list).

late evening at the pool:

Have fun,
Joerg

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 02:01:05 pm »

Yes the multi jet is a cracking kit, still need to finish mine..

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 02:02:04 pm »

The fendering went on badly so need to fetch that off and go for a wider profile, rushed it..

JoJoElbe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 02:10:25 pm »

The fendering went on badly so need to fetch that off and go for a wider profile, rushed it..
yeah, tricky but absolutely needed if you losse a bit of control  ok2 I've glued mine with thick superglue.
It's a nice boat, the orange/red is really strong.Best,Joerg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.