The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Lifeboats

Tyne Class 1/20 + slideway and boathouse (Sarik Hobies hull & Plans)

(1/14) > >>

JoJoElbe:
Hi all,
what a 'big' subject line and I don't even manage to get images into this post.  :o ... finally.... dropdown worked... not really, now I can't post it... so images are attached ...

My latest work was refurbishing my first model (built 2016), the german motor-lifeboat LÜBECK II  (Sievers model kit).
The LÜBECK II and sisters were 13m long, my 1:20 scale 67cm (incl. bow fender). -- I'll post a summary about her in the next weeks.
My plan was to build next the bigger lifeboat of that time, the HINDENBURG IV (17m) but then, as life goes ....
I watched to many videos on youtube, a lot with rnli boats. I had a few discussions with other model builder here
in germany which are rnli 'afficinados' and finally I got the virus (no, not corona).

Today the Sarik Hobbies Tyne class hull and plans arrived. Send from a nice fellow down in bavaria, who bought that 'just in case' before the brexit.
My LÜBECK II inside the hull of a tyne class:

(see attached images)

The hull should be 1:18 but it seems smaller. I hope I can make a 1:20 version out of it, even if it's 2-3cm too long.  1:20 would fit to my other ships and fit my experiences
what will work and what not in constructing and printing or building parts.
I just copied the plan (in pieces...) and will try to make up a copy of the deck and check the scale of the hull tonight.
Then I may come up with tons of questions here  8)
The transport box will be the boat house and for the slideway I -- already have some ideas.
At the moment my favorite boathouses + slipway are  St. Davies, Douglas and Wicklow. Personally I have no relation, but somehow I like the Wicklow station.
Just would need to 'cut' the houses a bit so that it will be just the main boat hall at the end.

Well, enough for now, I need a coffee.Have fun,

Joerg
P.S.: Appologize for funny english.P.S.2: I'll read the build report here in this forum carefully!

Perkasaman2:
Your English is very good and good luck with your build.

JoJoElbe:

--- Quote from: Perkasaman2 on January 31, 2022, 07:05:39 pm ---Your English is very good and good luck with your build.

--- End quote ---
thank's, could be worse, I guess  ok2
Another big THANK YOU to Larry (TheLongBuild) who was digging deep in his archives to get me an old Model Boats article.
I did some homwork: the plan of '5/8 to the foot' seems to be 1:19 (translated ), I've scanned the plan in pieces and glued them together so that I have an option to cut out what I want without destroying the original plan.

The deck on the hull seem to fit quite well, stern, sides and front agree quite good, I just have to add a cm somewhere, which shouldn't be that problem.
  <<3 images attached>>
just my little wharf is too small  ;)   
<< image attached>>
But I recently generated more space for hulls up to 1m.
Anyways, after some research and looking through the facebook side of the Douglas station, I think I found my favorite. It will be the Sir William Hillary (the name rules, I guess).
Tricky slipway but the size of the boathouse is moderate and there are several photos from the inside to build just a bit of the interior (it still has to serve as a transport box). 
That's all for now,stay healthy,Joerg

JoJoElbe:
Hi,I'm looking for propeller and motor infos.... so far I'm in the range of 6000 rpm and a 30mm 4 blade prop with 0.9 gradient/slope .... (Raboesch A- or D-type)would more love to use a 35-40mm 4 blade prop---

I guess both the guys who built the 1:19/18/20 model are not around, but maybe someone has an idea what they've used.  The 1986 article talked a bout monoperm-super motor and 4 blade props (unknown specifications).
Best, Joerg

RST:
Hi,

In your search for build info did you check "Trucker's" rendition of his Tyne literally just a few posts below you?

I have had quite a few PS hull mouldings from Sarik and they are close or close-enough that a general modeller would expect.  I had a PS moulding from a suppier I won't mention where parts just didn't mke sense but there was so much hassle obtaining the kit I'm not surprised.  I also had a few GRP mouldings -and I can't think of any that were exact on the suppied plans.  Easy to fix though!

Wish you well with your build!  I keep on looking at Sievers kits the crane barge I always wanted is long gone!

Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version